rx8 accident repair/resetting tire sensor?

dug06824

my rx8 is almost finished being repaired from a contact with a a8 audi
they are replacing one of my wheels.,is there a procedure to reset the tire sensors or does it reset by itself .,replaced left front fender,replaced left front headlights ,replaced front bumpercover replaced alloy wheel paint and blending realignment total rerpair $4 400 to $4850. the paint job came out as if it was done in the factory three stage paint ,note the damage on the a8 compared to the rx8, how do you register the tire pressure id code after the new wheel is replaced , please advise?

Attachments

• Dsc02872.jpg
    Dsc02872.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Dsc02884 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Dsc02884 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Dsc02859.jpg
    Dsc02859.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
dug06824 said:
my rx8 is almost finished being repaired from a contact with a a8 audi
they are replacing one of my wheels.,is there a procedure to reset the tire sensors or does it reset by itself .,replaced left front fender,replaced left front headlights ,replaced front bumpercover replaced alloy wheel paint and blending realignment total rerpair $4 400 to $4850. the paint job came out as if it was done in the factory three stage paint ,note the damage on the a8 compared to the rx8, how do you register the tire pressure id code after the new wheel is replaced , please advise?

The front area on the 8 isn't that tough unless you were to hit the impact bumper. Just plastic on the side there. Not sure about the A8 but that doesn't look like much external damage. Any damage under the bumper?

Did your oil coolers get damaged?

Right out of the owners manual ;)

When changing tires yourself
If you or someone else changes tires, you
or someone else can also undertake the
steps for the TPMS to complete the ID
signal code registration.
1. After tires have been changed, turn the
ignition switch to the ON position, then
turn it back to the ACC or LOCK
position.
2. Wait for about 15 minutes.