gas keeps overflowing?

^^^ Ah, ic. That's cool... sorry that I came off so harsh, but just wanted to let you know they shouldn't be charging you for any "trouble" issues :)

ChadSpeed said:
Well the first overflow happenes to my wife last night. She said the 5 was on dead E, but only took 12 gal. So she tried to top it off and about 50cents later it was pouring out. She thought since last time I filled it up and it shut off early that she could top off, I told her to not top off anymore, but this is a annoying problem experienced by many, will Mazda step up and do something?

Dude, just because you're on "E" doesn't mean you're completely empty. The gas gauge isn't linear, and there's at least a couple of gallons left, if not more, when you're on "E". I wouldn't say this an annoying problem experienced by many. Jandree was not topping off, so he had a genuine problem. Our 5 has never overflowed, but we don't top off. In the scheme of things, this issue of filling up the tank is relatively minor. Let the pump shut off when it does, don't top off, and you'll be fine.

As for the rest of your "disappointments", have you had any of the problems, including the freezing door latches? Seems to me the earlier 5s had more of these annoying problems than the newer ones do. Suspension only squeaks under 10 degrees, doors never froze, and yah, the dash has some rattles when cold, but that cowl panel tightening supposedly fixes it, and my wife doesn't notice them. We're all pretty picky on this board. Don't let us get you down. :)

Back