Toyota Aurion Sports Concept Unveiled (AU)

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
2061026.007.mini1L.jpg

2061026.007.mini2L.jpg

2061026.007.mini3L.jpg

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Dramatic red and black sports concept[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Toyota Australia has unveiled a dramatic red and black sports concept sedan based on its new Aurion large car. The Aurion Sports Concept, created by Toyota Style Australia, is one of the stars of the Australian International Motor Show in Sydney.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It features aggressive styling and aerodynamics with integrated front and rear air-dam diffusers, a prominent two-tier rear wing and 20-inch five-spoke dark charcoal alloy wheels. The dramatic exterior styling theme is enhanced with glass-infused mica metallic 'Inferno' red paint, incorporating a tonal Aurion graphic on the lower body sides. Contrasting with the hot body colour are metallic grey body cues around the windows, grille and trunk-mounted lower rear spoiler. All glass is blacked out and, along with a black roof, creates the impression of a futuristic one-piece glass top. Other special features include a floating grille frame with embossed mesh insert and twin exhaust pipes integrated into the rear bumper.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Paul Beranger, Manager of Styling and Design at Toyota Style Australia, said the show car was an advanced styling concept from Toyota Australia's young design team. "The Aurion Sports Concept is a vision for the future styling direction of Toyota Australia's sports-car image," Mr Beranger said. "Many of the design cues are likely to appear on production vehicles that go beyond Aurion's new sports range, the Sportivo SX6 and ZR6. Our creative team is continually experimenting with ideas for the Australian customer. Previous programs such as Cross Runner and Sportivo Coupe have been winning concepts with the Australian public, and now the launch of the Aurion brings a whole new range of opportunities for Toyota to move into more niche market segments. This sports concept is just one example where we are testing the market and encouraging feedback from the public."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mr Beranger said Australian drivers were unique in wanting both a sports car and a family car in the one package. "The Aurion Sports Concept is one possible solution, with styling themes slanted heavily towards the sports car end of our youth market," he said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Aurion Sports Concept is purely an exterior styling exercise. Toyota Australia is still keeping under wraps many of its styling and engineering plans for future models. However, from a performance perspective a sports sedan based on the Aurion could be expected to be powered by a supercharged or turbocharged version of an advanced Toyota engine.[/FONT]

[WorldCarFans]

I'm mixed with this one. I like the rear and side profile but not sure what is going on in front. I like the color too. Also has a GTOish rear?

(hitit) Nice car now if Toyota could only make an engine that did the car justice. Toyota has no "cool" engines out right now.

love the styling.... just sell me on the performance now...

B1GHAM said:
love the styling.... just sell me on the performance now...
Well if it's anything like any of Australia's other cars, performance is guaranteed, those lucky fugitives :(

dbzeag said:
Well if it's anything like any of Australia's other cars, performance is guaranteed, those lucky fugitives :(
same looks as the GTO/Monaro mabye it's got the same V8? (evil)

hmm, they look more like avalons...and if i were to buy one i'd rather have an (L) on the hood instead of a (T)

i'd love it if toyotas looked more like that "DNA" in the states, but then their 50+ age demographic wouldnt be buying them

meGrimlock said:
hmm, they look more like avalons...and if i were to buy one i'd rather have an (L) on the hood instead of a (T)

i'd love it if toyotas looked more like that "DNA" in the states, but then their 50+ age demographic wouldnt be buying them

Maybe thats a good thing? Start building customer loyalty with the younger crowds...

dunno but thats just a thought..

Sean

Looks like toyota is taking a page from Holdens design book. Kudos to toyota for contemplating building and exciting car. Too bad Holdens already doing that.

Back