Oil Catch Can Installation??

SHAGwagn

:
'07 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
I have read the forums and still confused as F#@&! Everyone has a different opinion on this it seems...can someone please explain to me in baby retard langauge exactly where each hose from my square (older Style) Greddy catch can is supposed to go? PLEASE!! Lets not turn this into a fight like ive seen in other threads about the same issue, if you dont know then just read on...please dont guess. Thanks!

hope this help :)
DSC04804.jpg

that is Daedalus' set up. here is mine (i have since then re-routed my catch can the RIGHT way) updated pics today...

Ryoga28 said:
Msp#735, I thought the greddy catch can had only two barbs.

Attachments

• engine_bay14.JPG
    engine_bay14.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 384
updated catch can/engine bay pics.

Attachments

• engine_bay18.JPG
    engine_bay18.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 363
  • engine_bay19.JPG
    engine_bay19.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 322
Ryoga28 said:
That setup is not the proper one...The catch can should be btw the PCV and it's vac source.

ok smartass, before you go and give advice, go back and read the ******* PCV thread

if you have no idea how the system works, STFU

this topic has been beaten to death in that thread already

TheMAN said:
ok smartass, before you go and give advice, go back and read the ******* PCV thread

What's with the rudeness? Have I ever been an ass to you edwin? I've been nothing but respectful towards you and other members here. I guess you are having a rough day or something.

Last edited:
TheMAN said:

You need to adjust your attitude.

Looks like I need one of these. Along w/ a built motor. (mj)

Buying a car that has been parted out. $500 Paying $4000 off retail price... priceless.

Hate to bump this but what kind of lines is everyone using for their catch cans? I used the clear plastic stuff that came with the can but with the heat in the engine bay and the vacuum the lines get sucked shut. I'm just wondering if there is a better type of line to use or if this isn't really going to be a problem.

I use stainless braided hoses, but I also have mine hooked up between the PCV and the intake mani. I need to get proper hose seperators instead of the zip ties but they're $30 each. I'll look for cheaper ones.

While this isn't the "prime" way to do it, it ensures that my engine doesn't even burn any blowby even under vacuum. Read up on how the PCV system works in the other thread, buth here's a pic of mine.

646132952_6ffe8a1e12_b.jpg

I use stainless braided hoses, but I also have mine hooked up between the PCV and the intake mani. I need to get proper hose seperators instead of the zip ties but they're $30 each. I'll look for cheaper ones.

While this isn't the "prime" way to do it, it ensures that my engine doesn't even burn any blowby even under vacuum. Read up on how the PCV system works in the other thread, buth here's a pic of mine.
Yeah, that is exactly how mine is set up. I wasn't asking how it should be set up, I was just wondering what kind of lines everyone was using. The lines I currently have get sucked closed after they heat up under vacuum. I'm just trying to find a line that won't get sucked closed under heat and vacuum (I'd imagine under boost they're fine). Not sure if I want to go stainless braided though...

Back