Anyone running Rx-8 wheels??

TexasGT5 said:
I noticed a number of the Mazda3 folks are running them and wondering if anyone had tried this on a 5 yet?

dunno but thats a great question. i was wondering the same thing

This is the car that got me thinking about these wheels...

NyceM3.jpg

paging_drburgos said:
Kudos! That was a great link...damnit now i have to add RX-8 rims to things i want to buy

I have a set of chrome Shinka RX-8 wheels sitting here just waiting for Mazda to ask for them back under warranty (very slight blemishes under the chrome).
What to do if they dont? Hmmmmmm..... (butthump)

Benfolio said:
I have a set of chrome Shinka RX-8 wheels sitting here just waiting for Mazda to ask for them back under warranty (very slight blemishes under the chrome).
What to do if they dont? Hmmmmmm..... (butthump)

I know what, sell them to me....LOL!

Sooo.... everyone still waiting?

or has anyone actually put RX-8 18's on their Mazda5? I have seen the pic from last year of the white 5, I was just hoping someone may have some real-world experience with mounting these rims, how they fit, and what tires will work best. Any thoughts out there? I pick up a set of these rims tonite and am excited to get them on.

pbdave said:
or has anyone actually put RX-8 18's on their Mazda5? I have seen the pic from last year of the white 5, I was just hoping someone may have some real-world experience with mounting these rims, how they fit, and what tires will work best. Any thoughts out there? I pick up a set of these rims tonite and am excited to get them on.

I haven't seen any posts with someone running these wheels on the Mazda5 so you may be the first. BTW, if you decide not to use them on your Mazda5 pls let me know because I've been looking for a set to run on my MPV for a while now. Send me a PM if you ever want to part with them. I'm in Calgary.
Anthony

pbdave said:
what tires will work best. Any thoughts out there? I pick up a set of these rims tonite and am excited to get them on.

Cool! post some pics. I've seen a couple of pictures of the MZ5 with MazdaSpeed6 and/or RX-8 wheels (see below). With regards to what tires to use I would look at what Mazda chose for stock or OEM on those wheels (size, brand, etc.) and move from there (just to make sure)

OK OK, the RX-8 Wheels pic is a repeat from an earlier answer, but it just looks so damn cool :D

Attachments

• mazda5_18in_mazda6_wheels.jpg
    mazda5_18in_mazda6_wheels.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 346
  • mazda5_18in_rx8_wheels.jpg
    mazda5_18in_rx8_wheels.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 413
pbdave said:

Did you get the rims on? (boom01)

Hey, that's my car

coolmazda5 said:
Cool! post some pics. I've seen a couple of pictures of the MZ5 with MazdaSpeed6 and/or RX-8 wheels (see below). With regards to what tires to use I would look at what Mazda chose for stock or OEM on those wheels (size, brand, etc.) and move from there (just to make sure)

OK OK, the RX-8 Wheels pic is a repeat from an earlier answer, but it just looks so damn cool :D

The one with the MS6 wheels

Back