Anyone running Rx-8 wheels??

Nevermind the e-mail I sent you, figured I'd just post them here:

Before:

IMG_0938.jpg

After:

IMG_1032_1.jpg

Your suspension is still stock height, right?

I really like the style of the stock wheels. But your 18" wheels make the 17" look so tiny.

How's the ride? Do the sidewalls make it more bumpy and can you tell there is more grip?

(2thumbs). Non-white Mazda5s are catching up now :D

Now, I know this was discussed earlier on one of the threads (read disclaimer ;)), but that definitely does not seem to be the silver color I've seen on Mazda5s in the US... Or, is this just the pic color palette?

(2thumbs). Non-white Mazda5s are catching up now :D

Now, I know this was discussed earlier on one of the threads (read disclaimer ;)), but that definitely does not seem to be the silver color I've seen on Mazda5s in the US... Or, is this just the pic color palette?

Its platinum silver. The same color as mine. Theres also another shade of silver that was sold. i think it was called stellar silver or something like that.

that looks TITS! (boobs)

How's the ride and how much did you pay for the rims+tires?

The ride is great. You can feel the road more (better?). But the ride is anything but harsh.

The biggest improvement is in the traction. There is no more accidental tire slippage on launch.

I think it would look better lowered, but that's when the ride will start to suffer. I think big sway bars would be better for the handling and ride.

I bought the rims for around 800 and the Pirelli tires were about 150 each.

Its platinum silver. The same color as mine. Theres also another shade of silver that was sold. i think it was called stellar silver or something like that.

OK, Thanks for the clarification :D. So there is also 2 silver colors in NA. I thought they were only sold only in Asia and Europe and NA only got one.

See the pic, so if I'm right (or color-blind) the left is then like the one you two guys have, and the far right one is the other silver tone. Please note that none of them are the Stellar Green color sold here. Funny thing, now that I see it, the Mazda3 in the middle is yet a 3rd silver color variation from Mazda it seems... (eyeballs)

Attachments

• Mazda5_2_Silver_Grays.JPG
    Mazda5_2_Silver_Grays.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Your suspension is still stock height, right?

I really like the style of the stock wheels. But your 18" wheels make the 17" look so tiny.

How's the ride? Do the sidewalls make it more bumpy and can you tell there is more grip?

Yes, suspension is still stock - as far as ride goes, it's a little louder IMO than with the 17's, but the handling on the MS6 rims is definately more responsive.

Back