MSN Review..

To illustrate some of the customizing that can be done to a MAZDASPEED3, Stavana had a special MAZDASPEED3 at the track, outfitted with suspension upgrades, new wheels and a cold air intake. Stavana said the cold air intake adds about 30 horsepower, with virtually no increase in emissions. And, as with all other genuine Mazda accessories, the alterations are all covered by the factory warranty.

Jeez 30hp just from a mazdaspeed cai? I'm thinking maybe 10 at the most...30 with a cat back.

They didnt say SAE Front Wheel horsepower. I can do a before and after dyno later next year.. I just hate the way aftermarket (even in house ones) companies exagerate power numbers.

CTGrey02 said:
http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4024238

Mostly a rehash of the same information we've already seen, plus the accessory packages that some of you already know about. Still highly positive for this vehicle. The hype being built up by this car is rediculous.

So true. But I don't think you can buy hype like this. It's got to have some foundation in reality. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks (knock on wood).

Did anyone read the part about the intake being just under $1000. WTF that would have to be the most expensive CAI on the market. Not only should you get 30hp but you should expect to live longer after buying this CAI.

Check Mazdaspeeds accessories site. They have a CAI up there for 300 something. No idea if it's just for the standard 3 at this point, but I cant imagine a bent piece of tubing and a conical filter costing that much.

Back