My Mom's 1989 RX-7 GTU

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
So...sadly, my Mother wants to part w/the first car she bought when she moved to the states. She's been the only owner of a car I wanted to buy from her since I was 10...which she STILL refuses to sell me, even to this day. :(
Anyway...when I go home..I'll be getting all the info on it and all that.
Last time I checked...I'm pretty sure it has a pretty much brand new race NA13b block installed, bosal exhaust, freaking perfect body, no accidents, pristine fire engine red paint. I'll get the pics when I go back home. The car is a smile bringer and will scare you because it's so GD light weight and the power:weight ratio is ridiculous. I remember my Mom did a stoplight to stoplight against an '87 model, and the poor kid blew his motor (OWNED).
Other than that kinda stuuf, the car has been babied pretty much all it's life...garage kept. Never saw the track, just to and from work etc. Eh...well, enough reminiscing...this is to get some interest bubbling.

Last edited:
It's in South Florida.
I have no details as of yet.
Pics will be taken when I go home in a few weeks.

Dude, she wants to sell it, but she won't sell it to you? That's cold-blooded.

Hit us up with some details when you can. I'd love to have it, but that's not really in the cards right now.

i know someone in FL that's looking to buy in the springtime. He'll be at PLM.

jersey_emt said:
You could always have someone buy it from her, and then you buy it from them... ;)
I could.
However:
1-I just bought a Miata.
2-I'm moving....to Turkey.
3-The AF will only store one vehicle.
4-My Mother would freak if I said "Hey, store the 7 at the house for a couple of years". haha.
It's not in my cards either. ;( Too bad too sad.
And yes...My Mom 'Rick James'd' me. "Coooold bloooooded!"

Last edited:
JDM-P5 said:
And yes...My Mom 'Rick James'd' me. "Cooool bloooooded!"
chappelle_james.jpg

That was cold as ice!

^tyrant^ said:
Phil, soon as you get a price let me know.. i want a 7 so bad
RacerXGirl said:
I thought you were getting an MR2?
I thought so too, according to Danny and you MR2s are the s***, untouchable by all lesser cars.

Then they get spanked by the supras, rx-7s and many other cars....but damn...can't believe your mom wouldnt sell it to ya...that sucks monkeys nootsacks.......

Lol, Man that sucks that the AF will only store one vehicle...have you tried to fight that? lol.

(peep)

JDM-P5...fo you have pics of this beaut yet? or a price?
Rogue said:
i know someone in FL that's looking to buy in the springtime. He'll be at PLM.

Well good sir..I won't be heading to Florida til Nov. Since I have the GRM Challenge at the end of this month....I don't want to short change my Mom or myself. BUT...I spoke w/her last night.
She says the car doesn't even really get driven anymore...lol....apart from getting it's weekly crank. The new engine has super low miles and it has a fresh tranny for sure. The A/C needs to be charged, which either my Stepdad or I will take care of. She said she had to check on the ACTUAL mileage on the body itself, since the new motor was dropped in.
The price...as of right now....is $5k OBO...BUT...this was just a number she threw @ me. I will have a firm price, mods, service stuff, etc. when I get there next month.
Enough info to hold everyone over for a while?
Remember....the car IS mint. ;)

Back