Mazdaspeed6 K&N filter fits in CX-7

nopstnz

:
99/00 Miata;04 RX-8; 07 CX-7
Hey folks:

I purchased a K&N filter for my RX-8 and on a whim purchased the Mazdaspeed6 filter for my wife's 7. Low and behold the K&N fits! It's much thinner than the oem filter, but width and length is perfect. With the lower baffel removed and now the filter, she "seems" peppier. My wife will have to vouch for that as I only get to drive the 7 every now and again :)

Just wanted to let folks know in case they were thinking of swapping out there oem filter.

well they both use the same engine, and i doubt mazda would want to have to use a different filter 'cause it would save them money to use the same one for both cars

"seems peppier"...?

Naive question: can reduced oil-flow restriction have any impact on performance other than efficiency of cooling...?

I would never have thought that any modification to an oil filter design would result in speed gains - efficiency of cooling maybe... but speed?

eh - what do I know? I haven't poked-around under the hood of a car since around 1992. :)

NOTE: I am not disputing you - I really am curious about that. I have a limited understanding of this stuff. :)

Last edited:
I just was saying I know they have them, thats where I bought mine....I don't want to be banned, I just found this place.

Man, am I confused about who's talking to whom, and about what??? (peep)

Anyways... the Mazdaspeed6's K&N filter fits in our CX-7. Just wanted to pass along the news...

helperhelp said:
I just was saying I know they have them, thats where I bought mine....I don't want to be banned, I just found this place.

Don't worry about getting banned, they are just pulling your leg. Welcome to the forum and feel fre to ask as many questions as you want and contribute with your ideas as well, that's what the forum is for. ;)

<--- idiot.

I thought he was talking oil-filter. Ignore me.
(can you TELL I know nothing about cars anymore?) :)

-scott

nopstnz said:
Hey folks:

I purchased a K&N filter for my RX-8 and on a whim purchased the Mazdaspeed6 filter for my wife's 7. Low and behold the K&N fits! It's much thinner than the oem filter, but width and length is perfect. With the lower baffel removed and now the filter, she "seems" peppier. My wife will have to vouch for that as I only get to drive the 7 every now and again :)

Just wanted to let folks know in case they were thinking of swapping out there oem filter.

Just the air filter.. I don't think it will make any difference to the horse.

I suggest you get a whole cold air intake system made by CP-E.

I have a friend with mazda6 and he got his from cpe it was $600 and he love it. Our's is only 200 something. just go visit their website. www.cp-e.com

Back