What have you done to your MS3 today?

bought it off craiglist. some guy was selling it for 100 bux and i literally got my 100 bux worth. cut edges, dings on the corners facing the windshield, crack on the front by the flying m. it looks good from far away till you get up close. dont really care, it's still lighter than the stock hood.

ZoomVT said:
lmao at "prepping for winter"in tejas! ha i have to side with tsunami on that one.
(butt) to both of you then. (lol)
Ya' know, it does get cold and even bitter here sometimes, it just doesn't last as long as your winters.
Alright. So I still like you guys just the same. :)

i already have to scrape my car at night when i leave work, and it looks like i will be switching to first shift shortly so that will mean scraping before i go to work... and i can't seem to find my scraper from last year???

to prep for winter i need to get a new or find my old scraper, get new wipers, put on the studded snows, and one last clean and wax job (at least 2 coats) and i got to get it all done before it gets to cold the highs have only been hittin 50 ish lately.... damn winter!!

BKK Jack said:
Ebay, eh? I may have to go poking around. I bought a Titleist driver (as in golf club) off there a few years ago. To date, that's the only time I have ever used it.

I am assuming there were no fitment problems?

fits exactly how the original piece did with no problems at all.

B-Raz said:
fits exactly how the original piece did with no problems at all.

Wow. Ebay motors is cool. Where the hell have I been? I not only found your part, at thespeedline.com (they also make a 2 DIN panel to replace the stock HU, but I also found a dealer in Ohio auctioning off a brand new 2006 Suzuki SV650S with a buy it now price of $5,999.00 OTD. I can hear my credit cards now, "The horror, the horror."

lol^^^^ yeah ebay motors is a bad bad place with no limit credit cards... especially when they're your girlfriends credit cards... lol

tsunami said:
lol^^^^ yeah ebay motors is a bad bad place with no limit credit cards... especially when they're your girlfriends credit cards... lol

i think you mistyped this...

UNLESS they're your girlfriends credit cards...

Well, I was going to do my 5K tire rotation... now @ 5.5K, but it's decided to rain here in the greater Austin area on my day off (no garage) so I just adjusted my headlights up a bit instead.

Installed a leather e-brake handle boot today. It's black w/red stitching to match my TWM shift boot but it's not quite ready for pics yet.
It is actually designed for the 6, and therefore will need a little trimming to be prem-o, but it does fit.
Pics when ready in a day or two.

OK. So it didn't take me a day or two. I couldn't wait and had some time so....

20061028_0054W.jpg

20061028_0055W.jpg

Not a bad match, huh? I was worried about that since they are not from the same source, but voila!

Cool where'd you get them? I have my e-brake boot and shift boot from shaundarbie, I think they are called "sr shift boots" or something. Amazing quality.

Kansei said:
Cool where'd you get them? I have my e-brake boot and shift boot from shaundarbie, I think they are called "sr shift boots" or something. Amazing quality.

The shifter and boot are TWM. The brake boot is eBay... for a 6 ATX. I had to trim and fit, and they don't quite match perfectly, but the end result is OK, IMO.
If i had know about sr shift boots before this, I may have looked into them. Knowing me, I'll check them out any way. (lol)

(edit: ) I just found your post on the subject.
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1011656
You've had them longer than I've owned my car!! (rlaugh)

Last edited:
rims

hi.... i own an 06 mazda 3 titanium grey and am looking to put rims on it, but not sure what brand, etc..........any opinions???? id like to stick with something that is close to the dark grey color on the car..........

Last edited:
hey cmymsp this thread is to show and comment on the work we have done to our cars, there are a few threads on wheel choices, you can use the search button to find them. If you must still start your own thread you can do it in the right section.

I installed the MS SS today. Had a bit of trouble trying to get the spring back in place, but finally figured it out. The shifter sits all the way to the drivers side, but I feel it is perfect. The shift throw was reduced a bit, but more importantly shifting is now much smoother and quicker. Excellent mod IMO.

RODSCALIP5 said:
I installed the MS SS today. Had a bit of trouble trying to get the spring back in place, but finally figured it out. The shifter sits all the way to the drivers side, but I feel it is perfect. The shift throw was reduced a bit, but more importantly shifting is now much smoother and quicker. Excellent mod IMO.

You know what they say... "this thread is worthless w/o pics!!" Let's see it, Rod!
Yeah, that spring can be a b...., especially trying to get it and the ball back in place at the same time. Me thinks our ole' pal Kevin is holding back a few installation secrets..... ;)

Last edited:
Well, nothing really. But, I did get an email from the dealer informing me that they had the VIN. I checked it against the Mazda website, and it wasn't on the Cougar Ace! 45 more days...

Back