What have you done to your MS3 today?

i uhhh drove really fast in the rain on the way to work so i am thinking it may not need a bath as bad as i thought... lol....still plan on stopping at the touchless car wash on the ride home when i fill up, and may even vac it out as well if its not raining... next weekend its me vs. midpipe i gotta get that o2 cel taken care of my insp is due in oct.

Yesterday my baby got a wash, clay and wax. I love how the paint feels after claying it. Also, I typically get 32-33 mpg on my 3.

i uhhh drove really fast in the rain on the way to work so i am thinking it may not need a bath as bad as i thought... lol....still plan on stopping at the touchless car wash on the ride home when i fill up, and may even vac it out as well if its not raining... next weekend its me vs. midpipe i gotta get that o2 cel taken care of my insp is due in oct.

I was under the impression that we did not have to report to emmissions for the first 4 years.

jhowey said:
I was under the impression that we did not have to report to emmissions for the first 4 years.

its b/c it throws a cel i think thats an automatic failure at inspection time... i don't think i have emissions checking here in maine... ???

tsunami
its b/c it throws a cel i think thats an automatic failure at inspection time... i don't think i have emissions checking here in maine... ???

I know that in Arizona I just cut them a check for my tags and I have no inspections or emmisions for the first 4 years I believe

jhowey said:
tsunami
I know that in Arizona I just cut them a check for my tags and I have no inspections or emmisions for the first 4 years I believe

I recently had mine inspected for the first time here in Texas and I had to have the emissions test. Probably a function of politics and money. Emission testing is only one year old to us here in the greater Austin area.
Oh, and today I took some fun corners REALLY fast and passed as many other vehicles as possible. I got to be in front of most of the traffic on my ride home from work today.
Wait!! That's the norm. Never mind............ :D

Last edited:
lol at rich.
i hear you there although i have been taking a low profile cause i dont have an inspection sticker for the last 3 weeks and i dont want to get a ticket so i usually just hide behind a car to make my windshield less visible to oncoming traffic. So far i have escaped 3 clear chances of getting pulled over.

Today i brought my car to the only mazda dealer in the area to look at the first batch of 07s. I basically just went to see what they had and check them out. i got some pricing in and let them check my car for a trade in estimate. If my math is right i could be getting on an 07 for 22k OTD minus approx 14k for trade in. I would be financing 15k which would make my payments around 290/mo.
not bad i dont think.

really?
hmm your avatar says "Its a XJ thing..." so i think i have an idea of whats going on here.

yesterday i got a rock chip on my brand new windshield. Im pissed!
what plans does anyone have for their 3 this weekend?

ZoomVT said:
yesterday i got a rock chip on my brand new windshield. Im pissed!
what plans does anyone have for their 3 this weekend?
That sucks, Dude! Gotta' lot o' granite up ther', I know.....
As far as this w/e is concerned: I plan to drive 'er to work and back, putting gas in (and doing the obligary wiping of the brake dust @ that time) on the way too. Other than that, I don't know if I'm up for anything else this w/e inspite of having some really fine weather here right now. Work has really SUCKED this week. I may just spend the rest of the w/e w/a rum bottle and a deck chair. Only problem w/that is that the next week seems to come that much SOONER!!!!!

Today i removed the tint and i guess i made mistake of not letting it soak and not heating it.Removing the film was piece of cake. the glue was a different story.

So i used Goo Gone and it kinda helped; i let it soak and then tried to get it off but it was a pain cause i didnt have a razor. I found a razor and it made it easier but it still was a pain. I had the goo gone and the glue running down everywhere; very very messy. Furthermore i am a little bummed cause i noticed that the windows seems to play a little in their track and i am wondering if it is because the goo gone loosen it up when it ran down the window. I am going to keep an eye on it for the next few weeks to see what happens. I would hate to have to open the panels to fix it.

I am concerned that once winter comes the windows may freeze and then be totally off the track when i try to lower the window....

Just got done installing my 7" monitor with dvd player and PS2. Tommorow is the catback exaust.

Back