What have you done to your MS3 today?

ZoomVT

Glorified Newbie
Contributor
:
2008 | BMW e90 |
Well, i always liked this thread for the P5s, and i think its time we have our own. Post here what you have done to your mazda3. Whether it is a nice wash or wax. Or maybe you installed a new part. Cleaned the interior? Vaccum the trunk? Anything you have done to it. tell us about it.
This is not an off topic thread so keep it on topic and have fun!

I'll start:
I removed all the change that spilled under the e brake. It always rolls off when i accelerate hard (basically every time light changes red to green) and drops right in the opening for the e-brake. Really annoying.
I picked it all up today, no more clinging when i drive.

you even copied having incorrect grammar in the thread title.. AWESOME :p

"What have you done to you Mazda3 today?" :p

Today I cheated (sort of) on my car.
I drove by the only Mazda dealership in town (bastards are not a ms dealer so they dont have any ms3s) and i stopped by to look at a new 07. I actually like the new styling and the options are so much better now. I am so jealous of the heated seats....

As someone who lives in Vermont I can certainly understand that. As an adoped Texan... WHAT????
Did you know that the first production car to offer heated seats was the 1975 Saab 99 GSE? My HS gf's bro-in-law had bought one, and for it's time it was a very keuulll mobile. Needless to say, when I asked him to take it when we were out on a date, he said, "No!" But he did loan us his 1957 (oval backlight) VW Beetle! 'Just not the same though. :D
edit: Post 333!! Woo-Hoo!!

aging yourself there rich...

haven't done squat to my car lately and i got a bunch of parts sitting in the closet right now...

slotted and dimpled ebc rotors for the front
exedy flywheel
exedy clutch
turbo manifold and 02 housing...
a sharkfin antenna that should be here next week...
some 5zigen lugs that should be here the end of the month (i hope these unlike the work lugs actually fit in my wheels!!)

tsunami said:
aging yourself there rich...
Yeah, well... :D Leave it to da' Sweds. And not dem GM/Ford tings they give us today neither, but the real Swedish cars of 20-30 yrs ago, before ABBA or the Americans got involved.

tsunami said:
haven't done squat to my car lately and i got a bunch of parts sitting in the closet right now...

slotted and dimpled ebc rotors for the front
exedy flywheel
exedy clutch
turbo manifold and 02 housing...
a sharkfin antenna that should be here next week...
some 5zigen lugs that should be here the end of the month (i hope these unlike the work lugs actually fit in my wheels!!)
Whoa, DUDE!! That's a lot 'o' money you got sittin' around the houz. Some cool MODs too. Why not do somin' 'bout it? Dem ebc's ain't cheap. I've priced 'em. Neither is the flywheel or clutch... all things I myself have thought about for V1.
It ain't gonna be too long 'afore winter starts settin' in up ther' in the North country. Then where will ya' be?
If we were closer I'd even be willin' to help you out!! Maybe some would rub off. (rlaugh)

Last edited:
Hey Derek why dont you come out fo the closet... LMAO!
j/k. i meant take your parts out of the closet.
How about you startd doing one thing a day so we fill up this thread.
Rich i hear you about the EBCs; i had my KVR cross drilled rotors and EBC green stuff sitting in my garage for over a year now. I have been waiting for my stockers to die and they are still holding 42k miles later.
I will be installing them pretty shortly though.

ZoomVT said:
I'll start:
I removed all the change that spilled under the e brake. It always rolls off when i accelerate hard (basically every time light changes red to green) and drops right in the opening for the e-brake. Really annoying.
I picked it all up today, no more clinging when i drive.

when i first got the car, i had put my change in the little cubby to the left under the dimmer switch (and HID level switch for those who have it) after the first green light...i knew that was a bad idea :)

I put it in the ashtray now, it jingles alittle, but doesn't spread itself out around the car anymore.

s*** i didn't do anythin today but drive it...but it sure needs a wash...so i'll say, what i WANT to do to my 3 today....is wash it (RTM)

Last evening, I finally removed the dealership decal. It didn't really bother me that much, except I was advertising for a dealer I have found somewhat unsatisfactory, so it stayed on until now.
As far as washing is concerned, Solo2, be ashamed... be very ashamed. j/k.
I have found that short of washing the whole car all the time, that if I can just keep up with it it's looks so much better and is easier when I actually do do the whole enchilada. I usually keep my older synthetic shammy in the car so after a rain I can just wipe her down. It helps a lot, and paople always think that I wash my car every other day when I only wash about once every two weeks!! (cool)
She usually stays pretty clean that way... that and cleaning the brake dust off the rear wheels often. I NEED those Red Stuff pads... BAD!!!

i rotated my tires today...and filled her up,gas is not to expensive right now so i gave her the good stuff.

very nice. It is a good time to fill up.
Solo2 i use the ashtray for my ipod nano so no change there.
Rich why did you get the EBC red stuff? I thought the red stuff was for hardcore racing and it actually is not recommended for street use as it requires a lot of heat to actaully work appropiately. I could be wrong but i thought it went Green - > Yellow - > Red.

Actually, from bottom to top: green, red (ceramic compound, greatly reduced white dust instead of black), yellow and then blue for serious competition only.
I haven't bought them yet, but they are on my list, for sure. 'Just need to prioritize that list. I read nothing that indidcates that they are anything but a one step upgrade (again, ceramic compound) from the green... my first thought also.
Oh, BTW: Since the timing mod and intake/exhaust mods, I have found that putting in 1.5-2 gals of 93 premium and mixing in 9-9.5 gals of 87, regular is enough to keep my engine happy. Why waste the money and take a chance on worse performance.
And if we are getting that specific about "what we've done today," my last fill up was Thursday morning and I saw 26.44 MPG on that last tank full. That's revving to 5k whenever it's possible and necessary. Plus city traffic. I like to scare the s*** out of other drivers w/my exhaust. Makes normal people (non-car addicts) think that I'm faster than I really am. (rlaugh)

Last edited:
damn 26.44... i got 32.04 last tank...

and as far as putting those parts in... the brakes aren't going in until next spring i got those front rotors CHEAP off of a guy on the other forum who was sent the 2.3l by mistake from ebc and they told him to just keep them instead of shipping them back and they sent the 2.0l ones to him as well so he had no need for them and the money he made off of them was all profit so i got a sweet deal!! (now i just need to find some rears lol)

the clutch and flywheel i am still unsure about for a couple reasons
1. i don't feel comfortable doing this mod on my own in the drive way, thought about asking my boss for some help and doing it at his garage with a couple guys...??
2. i am still up in the air as to how far i want to go with my turbo build and if i want to get a slavage engine (talked to a guy and he found one for 400$) and build that up then i could install the new clutch and fw when i drop that in and have it be a bit easier for sure

and as far as the turbo parts go, i am seriously thinking of selling my manifold and getting one custom made to the way i want it, after reading maximum boost i think there are things i would do differently then what hi-boost did. they built a reliable system that should have no problems and provide worry free running, i want the most efficient system possible so i can run the lowest boost with the most hp...

so umm yeah there you have it

and my car needs a bath bad inside and out...

Dayem, Dude!! What 'er you doin'? Startin' out in 5th gear? The only time I got that kinda' milage was on a long trip on highways.

not sure what it is but lately my mpg have been 30+ i do drive 1 hour to work each way but its not highway nor is it city its kind of a mix.... primary and secondary roads here in the big ass state with no east west highway:(

Back