Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 944 of 947 FirstFirst ... 444844894934942943944945946 ... LastLast
Results 14,146 to 14,160 of 14199

Thread: What have you done to your MS3 today?

Donated: $1.67

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege 1660, 2004 Winning Blue RX8, 2005 Mazda6

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymazda0323 View Post
    Jeez that really blows!!! SMH
    Yeah... Replaced the rears with Moog 'universal' TMU 31.75mm bushings and brackets- $16 for the pair from Advance Auto Parts. My bushings were okay, but the drivers bracket was bent when I received my JBR, reformed it, but had a slight clunk from the rear left- it's now gone.

Polished the headlamps and they look great. Also did the girlfriends Accord.

I think I'm going to replace my front end links- I can't pull or tug on them and feel movement, but the sound is just like a link.
    ASE Certifications: A1, A4, A5, A8, C1, P2
    Mitsubishi-Fuso: Electr. Cert. 1, 2, 3 and 4

2007 Mazdaspeed 3:
    2005 Mazda 6 S: Gone.
    2004 Mazda RX8: Gone.
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #1660: Gone and missed.
    2003 Mazda Protege5: Gone.
    2002 Mazda Protege5: Gone.
    1995 Mazda Miata Best $50 I've ever spent.

Registered Member Spicymazda0323's Avatar
    Donated: $5

Mazdaspeed Protege

Put in my downpipe today!! Pretty happy but it was a pain to do!! Now I just have to save up for a turbo. Not sure which one though?? Any thoughts?

Put in my downpipe today!! Pretty happy but it was a pain to do!! Now I just have to save up for a turbo. Not sure which one though?? Any thoughts?
    I'm waiting to replace the downpipe along with the turbo. However, I think I'll probably go with the Corksport for 'ease of install'. People complain of boost creep, but per Corksport, there were design changes to correct it.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

What downpipe did you go with?

I'm thinking of going with the CNT downpipe.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazdaspeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by Preferio View Post
    What downpipe did you go with?

I'm thinking of going with the CNT downpipe.
    I bought a used one but it was basically an eBay brand.. no fitments issues and it works.

Mazdaspeed Protege

I'm waiting to replace the downpipe along with the turbo. However, I think I'll probably go with the Corksport for 'ease of install'. People complain of boost creep, but per Corksport, there were design changes to correct it.
    I was looking into the corksport and I like the ease like you said. I also was looking at the bnr s3 and s4.

I think I'm just going to do fuel pump internals, downpipe, upgraded TMIC and maybe the upgraded turbo and be done with power mods to the car. I went stupid with the MSP, think I'll just add some power and leave it "relatively" stock.

2008.5 Speed3, 2006 Chrysler 300C, 2003 Ram 1500

New gas cap. Grrrrr!

2008 1/2 CWP GT

Center Brake Light Flasher
    Redline Tuning Hood Springs
    Cobb RSB/CorkSport MM inserts
    Spin-on filter conversion/Quick Oil Drain Valve
    RX-8 wheels/Painted Calipers/Continental Extreme Contact DWS

Mazdaspeed Protege

I think I'm just going to do fuel pump internals, downpipe, upgraded TMIC and maybe the upgraded turbo and be done with power mods to the car. I went stupid with the MSP, think I'll just add some power and leave it "relatively" stock.
    Awesome.. car is fun with those mods

Okay. So. That clunk/rattle/bang noise from the front of the vehicle is on the left side. It occurs at slow speeds over very rough terrain -OR- loading/unloading the drivetrain. My intake hasn't been mounted properly so that was secured as well as securing the lower engine cover as the metal support was detached from the plastic. I didn't expect the noise to be from either of those items, but they needed to be corrected either way. If I load the drivetrain, depress the clutch quickly, I can duplicate the noise. If I do heavy engine braking, when going back into throttle there is a small 'bump' felt as though something is shifting backward. I'm going to disconnect my sway links and road test it, but it seems more drivetrain related. Just so happens that it occurs at low speeds over very rough terrain.

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

Okay. So. That clunk/rattle/bang noise from the front of the vehicle is on the left side. It occurs at slow speeds over very rough terrain -OR- loading/unloading the drivetrain. My intake hasn't been mounted properly so that was secured as well as securing the lower engine cover as the metal support was detached from the plastic. I didn't expect the noise to be from either of those items, but they needed to be corrected either way. If I load the drivetrain, depress the clutch quickly, I can duplicate the noise. If I do heavy engine braking, when going back into throttle there is a small 'bump' felt as though something is shifting backward. I'm going to disconnect my sway links and road test it, but it seems more drivetrain related. Just so happens that it occurs at low speeds over very rough terrain.
    In my experience on several Mazda cars, it always comes down to the sway bar bushings.... When you disconnect the endlinks, you can then rotate the swaybar freely, and you can then feel the play in the sway bar bushings.
    Mazda's I have owned over the years.
    80' Mazda GLC SPORT MT - sold
    81' Mazda 626 DX MT - sold
    81' Mazda 626 LX AT - sold
    82' Mazda 626 DX MT - sold
    82' Mazda 626 LX AT - sold
    85' Mazda 626 LX MT - sold
    87' Mazda 626 GT Turbo MT - sold
    85' Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE MT- sold
    87' Mazda RX-7 Turbo 2 MT - sold
    91' Mazda Protege LX MT - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata MT - sold
    93' Mazda MX-3 GS-V6 Special Edition MT - sold
    00' Mazda 626 LX-V6 MT - sold
    02.5' Mazda Protege5 MT - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata MT - sold
    06' Mazda 5 Touring AT - sold
    13' Mazda CX-5 Touring AT - sold
    14' Mazda 3i Grand Touring MT - sold
    15' Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD AT - sold
    03' Mazda Protege5 AT - sold
    16.5' Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD AT - current
    09' Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT - current

Quote Originally Posted by mazdadude View Post
    In my experience on several Mazda cars, it always comes down to the sway bar bushings.... When you disconnect the endlinks, you can then rotate the swaybar freely, and you can then feel the play in the sway bar bushings.
    Oh, I know. 11 years with Mazdas has shown me that. Bushings look to be okay- previous page you'll see where I checked them and found them to be okay, but the passenger bracket retaining bolt has been broken off in the subframe and some asshat tack welded the bracket directly to the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdadude View Post
    Oh, I know. 11 years with Mazdas has shown me that. Bushings look to be okay- previous page you'll see where I checked them and found them to be okay, but the passenger bracket retaining bolt has been broken off in the subframe and some asshat tack welded the bracket directly to the frame.

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

To me they have always "looked ok"... LOL

I could not believe that when I read that about yours being welded.
    THAT IS MESSED UP BROTHER!

I have 2 new Mazda OEM brackets I can send you... I got them as spares, but my old brackets were not rusty or abused so they were not needed.

However it sounds like you are going to need an angle grinder, easy outs, left handed drill bits, a torch, and some good karma for your mess...
    Last edited by mazdadude; 03-24-2017 at 12:21 PM.

mazdaspeed 3 cosmic boo

Try to get a look at the Drivers side motor mount. May not be easy with the battery tray right there. Does not sound like sway bar linkage to me but of course it could be.
    Bang might be MM. Clunk could be end links. Control arm bushings Ball joint. Rattle i would have guessed intake, or turbo inlet piping.
    Have some one watch your engine rotate while you rev it in neutral.

also you could take a jack, again with two people, and lightly !! lift the transmission side of the casing while someone watches from above.
    Not for nothin' but how does the passenger side motor mount look up top ?

Page 944 of 947 FirstFirst ... 444844894934942943944945946 ... LastLast