Euro CX-7 debut with 6 speed manual trans

:
17 CX-9 GT FWD
Mazda CX-7 To Debut At Paris Motor Show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

European Version Mazda CX-7 to Premiere at the 2006 Paris International Motor Show

Hiroshima, Japan, 7 September 2006.

Mazda Motor Corporation will showcase the European version of the Mazda CX-7, its highly-anticipated crossover sport-utility vehicle (SUV), at the Paris International Motor Show to be held from Thursday, 28September through Sunday, 15 October 2006.

A unique combination of sports-car driving fun, bold designing and SUV practicality and comfort, the Mazda CX-7 features a 6-speed manual transmission, new power output and many design elements that are specific to the European model.
Joining the Mazda CX-7 will be the all-new Mazda MX-5 Roadster Coupe with power retractable hard top and the all-new Mazda BT-50 pickup, which is even more stylish, practical and rugged than its successful B-Series predecessor. Also on hand will be the winner of the Grand Prix Du Plus Beau Concept Car at the XXIth Festival Automobile International in Paris in January this year, the Mazda Senku, making its first appearance at a European Motor Show.

Mazda will hold its press conference at the Mazda stand from 10:00 to 10:15 on Thursday, 28 September 2006. Detailed information and photos will be made available at that time.

Look at the fog and parking lights in the photo. Also note the turn indicators on the mirrors. "Cruzdreamer here is your more chrome in the front end":)

Attachments

• Mazda CX-7 Europe 2006.jpg
    Mazda CX-7 Europe 2006.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,119
Last edited:
I like it...

Zoom49 said:
Mazda CX-7 To Debut At Paris Motor Show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

European Version Mazda CX-7 to Premiere at the 2006 Paris International Motor Show

Hiroshima, Japan, 7 September 2006.

Mazda Motor Corporation will showcase the European version of the Mazda CX-7, its highly-anticipated crossover sport-utility vehicle (SUV), at the Paris International Motor Show to be held from Thursday, 28September through Sunday, 15 October 2006.

A unique combination of sports-car driving fun, bold designing and SUV practicality and comfort, the Mazda CX-7 features a 6-speed manual transmission, new power output and many design elements that are specific to the European model.
Joining the Mazda CX-7 will be the all-new Mazda MX-5 Roadster Coupe with power retractable hard top and the all-new Mazda BT-50 pickup, which is even more stylish, practical and rugged than its successful B-Series predecessor. Also on hand will be the winner of the Grand Prix Du Plus Beau Concept Car at the XXIth Festival Automobile International in Paris in January this year, the Mazda Senku, making its first appearance at a European Motor Show.

Mazda will hold its press conference at the Mazda stand from 10:00 to 10:15 on Thursday, 28 September 2006. Detailed information and photos will be made available at that time.

Look at the fog and parking lights in the photo. Also note the turn indicators on the mirrors. "Cruzdreamer here is your more chrome in the front end":)

Thanks Zoom49.....I like the extra bit of chrome!!! Fogs are cool!

Yup I'm a fan of the turn signals on the lights. I think its much safer in traffic. 6-speed manual!!! (shocked)

good research & observations!!!

Count me in the fog lights style are very similar to the cx-7 previous prototype fogligts
mazda-cx7-06.jpg
. I am sure we will soon be able to purchase them online.

Last edited:
Antoine said:
Are those changes coming to NA in next year's model?

I serously doubt it. The euro markers on the mirrors is NO for sure since is not required by law in the US. The manual trans, Idoubt it too since there are no manual trans SUV's in the US since people here are lazy and the mayority of people prefer auto tranny in th US (at least in family vehicles). I wish the US had the euro mentality (manual tranny is standard and auto tranny is an option).

Attention CX-7 Owners = You have been robbed of a 6spd manual trans. Proceed to write very angry letters to Mazda threatening them bodily harm until they agree to give you this option.

From another site, someone quoted:

"euro spec puts out 258 hp/380Nm. top speed is 210 km/hr, 0-100km in 7.9 sec."

We aren't even allowed to hit 210km/hr before the limiter kicks in!

6-speed manual!!!! *drools*

oh and those fog lights look really sweet.. brightens up the look of the front end a bit.

stupid majority american mentality preventing us from getting manual tranny here argh argh.

Z_Monzter said:
I serously doubt it. The euro markers on the mirrors is NO for sure since is not required by law in the US. The manual trans, Idoubt it too since there are no manual trans SUV's in the US since people here are lazy and the mayority of people prefer auto tranny in th US (at least in family vehicles). I wish the US had the euro mentality (manual tranny is standard and auto tranny is an option).

the ford explorer *had* manual trannys, and the tribute STILL has manual trannys

Kansei said:
6-speed manual!!!! *drools*

oh and those fog lights look really sweet.. brightens up the look of the front end a bit.

stupid majority american mentality preventing us from getting manual tranny here argh argh.

I'm pretty sure they moved the turn signals/parking lights to the bumper next to the fogs... in europe, you're not allowed to have amber parking lights... they must be white and separated from the turn signals, which makes them a LOT safer because they're more defined/visible

TheMAN said:
the ford explorer *had* manual trannys, and the tribute STILL has manual trannys

4 cyl. Mitsubishi Montero Sport was too.

Oh yeah, you might be right, but correct me if I am wrong:

Al those vehicles mentioned above are 4 cyl base models, whitch =(ugh).

you can not buy any SUV or 4 door car (except for a BMW M5) in the US fully loaded with a manual tranny, and that SUX my friend.:bs:

haha yeah.. cram the ms6 tranny in there (which is probably what that thing has anyway)

Back