sway bar end link.... eh...

02PROTEGE2.0

:
1999 Audi A4 1.8t quattro manual
so ive had this terrible clunk for a hwile now...

well while looking into the recall on the itnake manifold my dealer offered me a free oil change...

went in for that and asked them to look into my obnoxious clunk... and so they did... for free!!!

anywho... they saisd when they ahd it on the oil rack they could see my sway bar endlinks are about to die...

just checking... are those the dinky little links from the sway bar to the strut? its an easy job right? how much do those usually cost?

they want 197 to do ti there... i figured i'd buy the parts and do it myself...

any input... would be awesome...

Do a search for endlink and you will find plenty of horror stories. Seems like a lot of people have to cut them off. Some people have been able to get them off with an impact gun.

Last time I was at the dealer they said my endlinks were on their way out and it would be around $220 to replace them, so at least your dealer is a little cheaper. I still haven't done anything about it other than read the stories about them here and think maybe I should just pay the $220.

I live in the Northeast, so mine were horrible. I see your from Kansas, so it may be a little easier on you, not entirely sure though.

I did the fronts with my buddy, we wound up cutting them off with a sawzall and then grining the bolt out of the front sway bar link. Still have to do the rears, but since I'm going to redo the sway I don't anticipate as much labor. So not too much work. I'm a novice, my friend had all the experience, but it wasn't too bad.

yea i just ordered the AWR end links from protegegarage.com =)

and i just did my springs a month ago... the backs came free easy... ti was the front driver side that i ahd problems with...

im pumped for these end links... only 70 bucks as opposed to 200 for dealer to give me oem!!!

thanks guys!

so i got my AWR rear adjustable end links in from protege garage...

havent installed yet, but while researching the adjustable aspect, trying to figure out where to put mine at, ive found alot of people with fitment problems...

are the endlinks i bought made to work with the stock sway bar on my 02 LX? i noticed AWR mentions it fits there sway bars, but says nothing about stock sway bars...

any ideas? ken, can u help me?

Back