What option/packages mazda came with ?

ToyoXrsPl

Hello, I'm new to the forums but most likely I will b a regular member from now on. Anyway I need some help. I'm looking for Protege 5 for my gf. Most likely 2002-2003. And I don't know what options came with that car or what packages. I don't want to just go out there and buy it and later on figure out that I could've get better model for the same price. If u could let me know what models are there and what options were available I'd b very happy.

If I remember correctly there weren't to many options but I will try :Automatic, air, moonroof. plus there were accesories, cargo net, bumper protector for lift gate, mazdaspeed 'axleback' exhaust. Thats all that I can think of.

Now there were differences between 02 and 03
-different rims
-side marker lights
-tiptronic auto shifter
-deeper cup holders

thats all that I can remember and if I forgot anything I am sure someone will remind us very soon.

also welcome to the forums and you will be making an excellent purchase of a very well rounded car. And before I forget the search button is your friend.

Amarek said:
If I remember correctly there weren't to many options but I will try :Automatic, air, moonroof. plus there were accesories, cargo net, bumper protector for lift gate, mazdaspeed 'axleback' exhaust. Thats all that I can think of.

Now there were differences between 02 and 03
-different rims
-side marker lights
-tiptronic auto shifter
-deeper cup holders

thats all that I can remember and if I forgot anything I am sure someone will remind us very soon.

also welcome to the forums and you will be making an excellent purchase of a very well rounded car. And before I forget the search button is your friend.

Welcome to the boards!

Starting in '02.5 there were some reworkings such as the cupholders without the flip-up lid, tweeters in the sail panels, leather became an option, and also there was an issue with the '02's having weak shift fork issues that were revamped and made stronger in the '02.5's. I also believe that they started including the spare tire subwoofer as an option in the '03's.

Everyone here is very helpful as I have learned a lot of this from everyone here.

the protege5 pretty much had one trim level, comparable to a Protege ES. midway through 2002 they offered factory leather as an option. after 2002 you could also get the door tweeters and spare tire subwoofer. other than those features as well as the moonroof and side airbags, there is not much in the way of options.

Back