painted rims

:
2003 Mazda Protege LX-T
i'm tryin to decide on what color to paint my rims..any advice since my car is mica blue...so far i've seen black and bronze...post some pics if ya can find some as well i'veo nly seen a few...

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1251Medium.jpg

bronze is teh sex!!!

I was going to say sell those rims and get some Racing Harts since you have 5 lugs in your sig. But I thought 03 LX's came with 4 lugs.(huh)

D-rock240 said:
I was going to say sell those rims and get some Racing Harts since you have 5 lugs in your sig. But I thought 03 LX's came with 4 lugs.(huh)

I've looked at his sig many times today and hadn't noticed that.
I'm equally confused as well.

Anywho, my vote goes for either bronze,gold, or white. I think all look equally good on a blue pro

msr6.jpg

i'm partial to orange :) black and gunmetal would look good on blue though.

i want to paint my rims, but i've heard good and bad things about doing so. good : you have many colors to choose from, you can mask off to customize for two-tone or what not, fairly easy to touch up if scratched. bad : flaking/peeling of paint due to temps/environments, touch ups are frequent, hard to maintain looking good. i've know powdercoating is an option, it's tougher than paint but too expensive, and you dont have many colors to choose from. has anyone experienced any of these? was it worth it? any info/opinions are much appreciated. if i do this, i plan on doing it soon. thanks!

it all depends on the skill of the person whos painting them. read up on the forums and get an idea of what to do then your out come will be better then if you just start rattle cannin away.

i've gotten the "shouldn't u have a 4 lug instead of a 5 lug comment?" alot....i honestly think mine is like an es or something. but you type in the vin number and lx comes up and that's what it come up when i got the car. i dunno...i guess i got lucky. the original owner didn't do a conversion. he had white mr7's on there with a white pin stripe down the side but i took both off and got the stockies back. i wish i kept them though cause the car stood out more.

i'm kinda indecisive about paintin them now. my buddy painted his wheels for his red jetta black and polished the lip but he's had to repaint them again and keeps touchin them up but they look good, but other buddy had gunmetal on his blue celica which is what i wanna do but he got his tires changed and they scratched the paint off. so i'm thinking...i'd actually like to get ahold of the msp's racing harts...

If you did bronze, would you do the calipers as well, and if so, then what color?

what color is your interior and did it come with fogs??
if its tan or all grey its an LX, and i couldn't explainwhy it has 5 lug unless a swap was done or something got F_uped at the assembly plant. and if its a charcol interior it should be an ES
anyway, i would go with the duplicolor bronze wheel paint for your car... just my .02

daonly1around said:
what color is your interior and did it come with fogs??
if its tan or all grey its an LX, and i couldn't explainwhy it has 5 lug unless a swap was done or something got F_uped at the assembly plant. and if its a charcol interior it should be an ES
anyway, i would go with the duplicolor bronze wheel paint for your car... just my .02

Not exactly. I knew someone who got a blue 03 LX that had charcoal interior.

D-rock240 said:
Not exactly. I knew someone who got a blue 03 LX that had charcoal interior.

yeah i have the charcoal color. but like i said pull the vin number up and it'll say lx..so i dunno.

i'm thinking i may just go ahead and paint my rim's gunmetalish. i dunno what color i'd paint my calipers. their red now...but i guess if i don't like the gunmetal i'll just sand them back down and repaint them. i really wanna paint them cause when i had an accident i messed up one of the wheels. so i'd like to shave it down...

i'm thinking about gloss black paintin my rims and leaving he small lip polished. is there a link on here or a thread that will tell me what i need to use to sand down the wheels or what not?

Back