MSP6 Mileage report, 1st long trip

Mgkdrgn

:
2006 MS6 sport
Just took my first "long" trip in the MSP6. Now has all of 5K miles on it, after I added some 1000 miles in 3 days.

Average MPG for the trip was just a shade under 26. No AC, windows up, mainly interstate driving (Columbia MD to Columbia SC), most of the time over 70 mph, a lot of time at 80 mph, and about an hour at 90 mph (man, them cars MOVE on I-95 at 5:30 am!)

It ain't no Prius ... but that was good enough to make me happy.

(first)

I drove to my paretns and back (2 hours each way) with 1 hour highway 1 hour back roads so (55mph with 35 mph breaks for small towns) along with some 4500 rpm jaunts for giggles, i got 23.6 MPG on my calcualtions but i also only ran it to 1/4 tank.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.... My point is that my data is limited to less than a full tank, just like someone who compares their MPG coasting down hill for 1 mile has a much less valuable set of data than someone who averages their data over 10,000 miles of normal driving, my data is limited and I wanted to be completely open about that , the car only has 592 miles on it... and more data is always a better option!

But alas your wrong still as the pumps variance between nozzles, stations, and the grade (angle) your sitting on can all effect exactly how much goes into your tank, I could fill up at on station, drive ten miles to another and not be able to fit a drop in, does that mean I got infinite miles per gallon, no it just means the data is corrupt and I had outside variables that contributed to it.

Back