Awesome Motorsports Pictures & Videos

You were at the Double-X challenge here, correct?

you must be thinking of me. I was there. here is a pic from it.
ericxxchallange.jpg

here is a cool pic I like from columbus , MS

me.jpg

Its a C Stock '99 miata. Basically its set up to limits of stock class. Koni shocks, 1 1/4" front sway bar, adjustable front sway bar end links, K&N drop-in filter, custom exhaust & Kumho V710's on stock wheels.

Thanks.

lol after looking at that vid and some others, maybe im going for the wrong car here... miata>FC rx7? LOL I dont care, im getting my rx-7...

For the guy on here that does auto-x the Rx7..how does it stack up compared to others?

With the exception of the third gen in SM2, and possibly the FC turbo in B-Prepared, there are not any classes where RX-7's are competitive. Maybe a NA FC with open or viscous LSD in STS2 but most likely not.

In stock class, the NA RX-7's go in ES, where the dominant cars are the last generation MR2 coupe and the 1.8L Miata's. The Miata has a comparable power to weight ration and a vastly superior suspension setup. That, coupled with its smaller size make it a much better autocross car. If you are looking for a competitive autocross car, then the RX-7 is not it.

Now fun, that is another question. I have a lot more fun in my RX-7 than I do in my Miata on the autocross course.

My wisdom to impart:
Unless you only seek from autocross to obtain the fame of your name in the back of an obscure rulebook and a bi-line in Sports Car and GrassrootsMotorsports magazines, then don't worry about being in the competitve car in class. Build what makes you happy and go out there to drive for fun.

Racing around a parking lot shouldn't be any more serious than that.

Last edited:
yeah, I'd really just be out there for fun, nothing more :) So I'll stick w/ the Rx-7...thanks for the words :)

evilmonkeyMSP said:
yeah, I'd really just be out there for fun, nothing more :) So I'll stick w/ the Rx-7...thanks for the words :)

Also try to drive both. Harass people at auto-xs into letting you codrive their car or do fun runs. That's what I do. I haven't gotten the guy with the Evo MR with 400+hp to break down yet... soon though!

LMAO well, also Im 6'2" so I'd look silly in a miata. Plus my wife is more than willing to get me my Rx7 since I;ve wanted one for so long...she doesnt care for the miata LOL
khaosman said:
Also try to drive both. Harass people at auto-xs into letting you codrive their car or do fun runs. That's what I do. I haven't gotten the guy with the Evo MR with 400+hp to break down yet... soon though!

evilmonkeyMSP said:
my wife is more than willing to get me my Rx7 since I;ve wanted one for so long and maybe I'd shut up about it if she let me get it...
fixed...

evilmonkeyMSP said:
LMAO well, also Im 6'2" so I'd look silly in a miata. Plus my wife is more than willing to get me my Rx7 since I;ve wanted one for so long...she doesnt care for the miata LOL

hehe. If you thought it was funny that my head was sticking out of the RX-7's roof, you haven't seen me in the Miata yet...

Attachments

• 1210279336_l.jpg
    1210279336_l.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
JDuncan said:
hehe. If you thought it was funny that my head was sticking out of the RX-7's roof, you haven't seen me in the Miata yet...
That's great! :D

grapeape2.jpg

JDuncan said:

HAHA! Reminds me of the Simpsons episode with the tall man in the small car.

LMAO awesome...yep...that would be me...
JDuncan said:

SOLO Pix

Salina Kansas SCCA

Attachments

• SALINA_solotime0710014.JPG
    SALINA_solotime0710014.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 211
  • SALINA_solotime0710130.JPG
    SALINA_solotime0710130.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Back