Awesome Motorsports Pictures & Videos

benjpi said:
First AX in the Protege. Finished 10th (Last...) in class in STS. I

No, no, you were not last, you had a top ten finish on your second autocross, ever! That's great! :)

Have fun with it.

benjpi said:
First AX in the Protege. Finished 10th (Last...) in class in STS. In my defense, the car is still stock except for a 19mm Racing Beat rear swaybar. It was maybe 25 degrees, and the wind was blowing about 30-40mph. I ran the car with the stock tires & suspension, the Bridgestone all-season 195/55-15's. The car had NO traction.

It's time for new tires, at least. Between now and the next event I'd like to at least get new springs & shocks mounted up. (waiting for the UPS truck for a used set of MSP springs). Probably won't get tires till spring; debating whether to get summer tires & swap them, or get dedicated AX rims.

Pics:

don't be discouraged by your results, my first autox i got spanked by an autotragic p5

neet thread.

Attachments

• nsscc3-6 (2).jpg
    nsscc3-6 (2).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 206
  • nsscc2-3.jpg
    nsscc2-3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 213
Thanks to all for the encouragement! Yeah, top ten finish, I need to do better at my own PR! I was hoping for a better finish (duh!), but it just wasn't to be.

There's another at Ripken on 2/3. I'm hoping to have the new shocks & springs by then, and actually get the front strut bar mounted. Hopefully it will move me at least a little up the standings. Chris, if you're going to go let me know, I'll make it a point to stop over & chat.

Ben

this is my favorite auto-x pic of my car. also helps there is a muff in my passenger seat

Attachments

• DSC_0466.jpg
    DSC_0466.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 263
RacerXGirl said:
that looks great - is that the guy that took the magazine pics?

yeah same guys its also the poster i have on my wall. You can see his pics from the AMS event on his website, just search for his name on yahoo

Shadow102 said:
this is my favorite auto-x pic of my car. also helps there is a muff in my passenger seat
you can't go wrong with a muff as your copilot :p

I'm gonna make shirts that say "Muff is my homeboy." I think there's a market ;)

aMaff said:

I'm gonna make shirts that say "Muff is my homeboy." I think there's a market ;)

i'll wear one i need Xenu is my homeboy too

aMaff said:

Shouldn't it be "Muff is my homegirl" ? Muff and homeboy just makes me think transgender.

Back