100K MP5 Club

I have 230,000km on mine and i have no smoking problems....it still runs like new ....i change the oil every 5000km instead of the 8000km suggested by mazda (drive2)

Hi Mitchell21,

Very nice. I know what you mean. Just crossed into 157,000 miles last week. Still running strong, pulled 33 MPG on the fillup today.

Mark, what are you up to now?

Hi Mitchell21,

Very nice. I know what you mean. Just crossed into 157,000 miles last week. Still running strong, pulled 33 MPG on the fillup today.

DUDE you and your manual transmission suck! lol I average about 25-27 on my crappy auto.

DUDE you and your manual transmission suck! lol I average about 25-27 on my crappy auto.

LOL that's the problem with Auto's and 4 cyl's. I've been as high as 36 on 1 tanks and low as 25 when towing a boat. Normally get bewteen 29-31, mostly highway driving.

Hi Mitchell21,

108...i'll never catch you!:) just did my gas mileage, averaged 27mpg (combined) on a boosted auto?

Just hit the 120,000 mile mark here on my 02 MP5. Im pushing for 200k. Then I think its time to get a new car at that point. Or.... just drop a new engine in. The body is in great shape. I had a small rust spot on the rear fender but was able to weld and paint a new piece in. Other than that I love this car. I still get dropped jaws when I tell peeps about how many miles are on the darn thing. Anyways... good luck on racking the miles...(btw, still getting ~30 mpg on a manual, can't argue with that!)

Just hit the 120,000 mile mark here on my 02 MP5. Im pushing for 200k. Then I think its time to get a new car at that point. Or.... just drop a new engine in. The body is in great shape. I had a small rust spot on the rear fender but was able to weld and paint a new piece in. Other than that I love this car. I still get dropped jaws when I tell peeps about how many miles are on the darn thing. Anyways... good luck on racking the miles...(btw, still getting ~30 mpg on a manual, can't argue with that!)

Well if it makes you or anyone else feel better about the durability of their cars. My p5 just had the orig wp and t-stat replaced at 160k.

The water pump was still good, but I figured I might as well changed it beings that it was the original one. My issue was my t-stat was causing my car to overheat.

congrats!! i'm thinkin i'll hold on to mine for another year, maybe spring of 09 get a new miata hardtop, we'll see. mine is at 109, running strong, see some rust starting on the drivers door at the weld/inside at the bottom of the door, also the weep hole on the hatch...no biggie. i still love driving this car!:cool:

i got my 02 P5 with 12 k miles on it, in..... July of '04.

I got 94k on it as of this morning, 32k miles a year! (omg)
two flawless trips to Fl and back from PA.
ill be joining you 100k boys in mid January id say....

You are going to beat me to it. I am just under 97k...should join the club in Feb/Mar. Unless I make another trip up to Boston. :)

congrats!! i'm thinkin i'll hold on to mine for another year, maybe spring of 09 get a new miata hardtop, we'll see. mine is at 109, running strong, see some rust starting on the drivers door at the weld/inside at the bottom of the door, also the weep hole on the hatch...no biggie. i still love driving this car!:cool:

Nice. You will love it. Mark

I feel bad, the old girl hasn't moved in over a week. Will probably have to sell her soon. 157K and no issues, still gets over 30 on the highway.

New car just hit 1000. Long way to go to join this club again.

Nice. You will love it. Mark

I feel bad, the old girl hasn't moved in over a week. Will probably have to sell her soon. 157K and no issues, still gets over 30 on the highway.

New car just hit 1000. Long way to go to join this club again.

i'd never have guessed you enjoyed the new car so much!!!!!(cool)

and to think, you still have feelings for the old girlfriend, she must have been special!! ;)

i'd never have guessed you enjoyed the new car so much!!!!!(cool)

and to think, you still have feelings for the old girlfriend, she must have been special!! ;)

I feel guilty everytime I leave the house. Time to put her up for sale.

184,000 and still rolling..

Decided to bite the bullet and have the timing belt, water pump, and all accessory belts replaced last week. All were the original pieces. Total charge was just under 6 bills. Car was still running strong. CEL just came on, had a scan done, time for O2 sensors (still original units). Guess I'll do those this weekend.

Todd

Miles have slowed considerably.. That was almost 11 months ago..

Today I drove the car while the wife took the Lexus.. noticed she had just rolled past 180,000 miles... 180,032 to be exact..

Besides the normal consumables (oil, filter, tires) the only other non-original parts on the car are the battery, and the brake pads..

Yes, still the original timing belt, clutch, shocks/struts, etc.. We have time set aside over Christmas break to have the timing belt, water pump, and all other belts replaced.. Car still runs like a top. I'll wash her up tomorrow and take some photos..

Todd

184,000 and still rolling..

Decided to bite the bullet and have the timing belt, water pump, and all accessory belts replaced last week. All were the original pieces. Total charge was just under 6 bills. Car was still running strong. CEL just came on, had a scan done, time for O2 sensors (still original units). Guess I'll do those this weekend.

Todd
wow! i know guys who did the belt and pump at like 60K!!! you got 184K out of them...(cool)...do we have anyone over 200K yet?

bazooka joe- I am at 191,819 as of this morning, which I am guessing I should hit 200k by March or so. I did my first timing belt at 152k, so I should be good there. Come spring the P5 will get new struts (coilovers), hawk brake pads, spark plugs, some beefier engine mounts, bigger rear sway bar, and possibly a new clutch and lighter flywheel. I really need to get some pics up for the naysayers to look at, I still need a new digi-cam cable to get all the pics off the camera on to the computer (cat issues). This is great to see all the high mileage cars still running well. Congrats everyone! Talk at you all later.

bazooka joe- I am at 191,819 as of this morning, which I am guessing I should hit 200k by March or so. I did my first timing belt at 152k, so I should be good there. Come spring the P5 will get new struts (coilovers), hawk brake pads, spark plugs, some beefier engine mounts, bigger rear sway bar, and possibly a new clutch and lighter flywheel. I really need to get some pics up for the naysayers to look at, I still need a new digi-cam cable to get all the pics off the camera on to the computer (cat issues). This is great to see all the high mileage cars still running well. Congrats everyone! Talk at you all later.
cool stuff!! a 200 mile club thread starting this spring!! hey, how's the body holding up? up here in the "great" northeast we have a little rust on our cars...mine is just starting at the bottom of the drivers door where the door skin wraps around and also at the weep hole area on the lift gate..

Back