100K MP5 Club

Reitrof,
Sorry for taking soo long to reply, I have been on vacation. Aside from the mods I had mentioned in an earlier post (page 3 or 4, I think), I have only replaced the battery once, timing belt, water pump, and all other belts once as well, and everything else has been routine fluid changes, etc.. Nothing has broken on the car or needs fixing. I could'nt be happier. I am still on the original battery in the remote keyfob, and I lock and unlike my doors at least twenty times a day with my work. I have resolved to drive the car for as long as it holds up. I will try and post some pictures this weekend to show the condition of the interior, exterior, after this many miles, now at 178,150 miles. Later.

I joined the club a couple of weeks ago.
I have replaced;
oem headunit (had broken buttons from the dealer)
Oem battery, I got a yellow top and put the oem battery in my wife's car
belts/tires/fluids
pcv & plugs
cracked fog light

Soon to be replaced (after wedding anniversary)
tranny filter
thermostat
timing belts/tensioner

We love the wagon, it's our daily driver. We don't beat on her. My wife wants a mazda 3 hatchback. I want to wait till we pay it off before we get another car loan. We'll hold onto her as long as I can keep her running. She makes a lot of ticks and sounds, but nothing has fallen off yet.

I joined the club a couple of weeks ago.
I have replaced;
oem headunit (had broken buttons from the dealer)
Oem battery, I got a yellow top and put the oem battery in my wife's car
belts/tires/fluids
pcv & plugs
cracked fog light

Soon to be replaced (after wedding anniversary)
tranny filter
thermostat
timing belts/tensioner

We love the wagon, it's our daily driver. We don't beat on her. My wife wants a mazda 3 hatchback. I want to wait till we pay it off before we get another car loan. We'll hold onto her as long as I can keep her running. She makes a lot of ticks and sounds, but nothing has fallen off yet.
cool!! welcome....don't forget the water pump!!

105k on mine.

Done new plug wires, pads & rotors, front motor mount, clutch, flywheel, battery, thats about it.

180,100(mi) on the way into work this morning. WooHoo! Took some pics on my phone last night when I hit 180,000, but have no way to get them off the phone, and my cat has chewed through my digital camera cable, so I can't put pic's from camera either. Anyways, it's running good! Later.

(yippy)Turned 149K today. Taking my daughter back to college this weekend, will hit 150K this weekend.

1300 miles later and here it is. pic is of 150,005. Was hard trying to take the picture doing 80 down the lower part of 93 with the wife screaming.

Attachments

• DSC01913 (Small).JPG
    DSC01913 (Small).JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 486
Rolled past 160,000 miles on Sunday.

Replaced tires (on 5th set), battery (once), brakepads (once, around 145K miles), headlights a couple of times (always fail in pairs, strange)..

Everything else is original.

Miles have slowed considerably.. That was almost 11 months ago..

Today I drove the car while the wife took the Lexus.. noticed she had just rolled past 180,000 miles... 180,032 to be exact..

Besides the normal consumables (oil, filter, tires) the only other non-original parts on the car are the battery, and the brake pads..

Yes, still the original timing belt, clutch, shocks/struts, etc.. We have time set aside over Christmas break to have the timing belt, water pump, and all other belts replaced.. Car still runs like a top. I'll wash her up tomorrow and take some photos..

Todd

Miles have slowed considerably.. That was almost 11 months ago..

Today I drove the car while the wife took the Lexus.. noticed she had just rolled past 180,000 miles... 180,032 to be exact..

Besides the normal consumables (oil, filter, tires) the only other non-original parts on the car are the battery, and the brake pads..

Yes, still the original timing belt, clutch, shocks/struts, etc.. We have time set aside over Christmas break to have the timing belt, water pump, and all other belts replaced.. Car still runs like a top. I'll wash her up tomorrow and take some photos..

Todd

WOW 180k on the orig timing belt! Thats pushing it to the limit. I'm rolling up on 159k here shortly. Thats good to hear that the belt lasted that long for the ones who can't aford to get it done right away.

Whew, that makes me feel better. I have 114k on mine and haven't had a chance to hit the timing belt yet. I'm nervous about it because I don't know what kind of mainenance the previous owner did.

182,000 miles today.. Actually gave the wife the Lexus, and took the P5 to work today. Car drove nice, had to replace a low beam headlight bulb on the way home. Car seems to also need front struts. Seemed to have a bit more rebound than I remember..

Still planning the timing belt, water pump, and all other belts over the Christmas break. Quoted a bit over $900 for everything at local dealership.

Todd

182,000 miles today.. Actually gave the wife the Lexus, and took the P5 to work today. Car drove nice, had to replace a low beam headlight bulb on the way home. Car seems to also need front struts. Seemed to have a bit more rebound than I remember..

Still planning the timing belt, water pump, and all other belts over the Christmas break. Quoted a bit over $900 for everything at local dealership.

Todd
yikes! for another grand you can get a motor...$500 with the water pump from my mechanic (not a dealer)

Back