100K MP5 Club

i've got a buddy that owns a shop that specializes in building turbos that has been trying to get me to do one on the 5. i'm thinking about letting him have a run at it. he told me about 2500 tunned.

boy, you guys must do some heavy drivin...that's a lot of miles!! fellow nepoc member has 145 and i though that was a lot too!

bazooka joe said:
boy, you guys must do some heavy drivin...that's a lot of miles!! fellow nepoc member has 145 and i though that was a lot too!

Roger that.

bigdp5, what have you replaced at that mileage?

Just rolled over 110,000 couple weeks ago. I drive mine way to much. Every day. Literally LOVE driving. Or maybe I only love driving it because of how the P5 handles and drives and it's my first car. haha
<P>
I've owned the car since 88,000 I think. The previous owned had it listed for $8500. Bought if for $5500. :) Other than regular maintenance, I've only replaced the rear struts/shocks. Perhaps, soon, fix the slowly leaking refrigerant lines. But other than that. I love my car, and it loves me back. haha

Last edited:
106k on mine here...

EDIT: Bought it on January 20 with only 91k...so i didn't put all of them on it...but I have put alot on in a few months.

StealthWyvern said:
you make your car feel like a bastard by not driving it enough... low miles= no love lol

Road trips/long drives are taken in the Jeep also known as my wife's "gas monster"

My baby takes me to work and home eveyday and some night outs every other weekend... you call it no love, my wife calls is to much of it.

Crazy D said:
Road trips/long drives are taken in the Jeep also known as my wife's "gas monster"

My baby takes me to work and home eveyday and some night outs every other weekend... you call it no love, my wife calls is to much of it.

lol ok i'll take that answer! Well at least you motor will last alot longer then time in a time durtaion stand point! (friday)

ZZZOOM! said:
I just broke 100k miles on a 2002 mp5. Anyone else?

Remember the Blues brothers movie when they pull up to the tax office in Chicago and the car comes apart into a hundred pieces?? well, I have duct tape ready.....
<<< when I started the thread.

Now I'm at 106k. I was a good boy and did the timing belt/tensoiner/seals replacement at 105k. The old timing belt didn't even look that bad!!

Back