100K MP5 Club

I got my car 2 mos back at 110K now at 111K,
I don't get to drive my car a lot since my car is commute is just 3 miles one way.
My car was in excellent shape when I bought it, all highway miles. <touchwood>

I'm curious to find out feedback from people in here regarding their automatic transmissions. Does the auto trans hold up to the 100k benchmark? I *feel* like I read somewhere the 2002 P5 has some Ford auto trans that doesn't hold up well. Perhaps I dreamed this? Perhaps it's valid?

I'm curious to find out feedback from people in here regarding their automatic transmissions. Does the auto trans hold up to the 100k benchmark? I *feel* like I read somewhere the 2002 P5 has some Ford auto trans that doesn't hold up well. Perhaps I dreamed this? Perhaps it's valid?
i'm @ the 117+ mark, no isssues and i'm boosted..last 50k miles...i don't beat on it, but i run it hard, so far so good. i did beef up the valve bodies for faster firmer shifts..my 2 cents

I have a 2002 auto as well. Pretty much all the N/a mods and I beat the snot out of it. Like I posted above I am at 130k. I think its worth going with a performance synthetic fluid especially if you live in a hot climate. Heat is what kills autos.

i did a drain n' fill on the fluids at about 80k, it's at 115k with no problems. I do have a new filter that I"M going to be adding.

I have a 2002 auto as well. Pretty much all the N/a mods and I beat the snot out of it. Like I posted above I am at 130k. I think its worth going with a performance synthetic fluid especially if you live in a hot climate. Heat is what kills autos.

Thanks for the input, I will check into the performance synthetic fluid...summer in Austin, TX definitely qualifies as a "hot climate."

I'm in, broke the 100,000K mark on the way into work this morning!!!
Now I just have to hope the wheels don't fall off!!

Attachments

• 10000k.jpg
    10000k.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Nice. The quintessential odometer shot.

Thanx, as you can tell I shot it on the fly..had set up the camera before leaving for work, just picked it off the seat & ran off a few shots. this was the best of the lot.

Thanx, as you can tell I shot it on the fly..had set up the camera before leaving for work, just picked it off the seat & ran off a few shots. this was the best of the lot.

Haha, I had to shoot mine while making a turn, actually. Didn't want to have it roll over and miss it!

Well I bought my Mazda at 100,000 miles. I put about 6,000 more in like 4 months, cause I drove from San Jose to Chowchilla a few times. Plus work, but now I barely drive about 2 miles a day. but yeah everything is great and running smooth. maybe i'll upgrade it but not sure what to do first

rolled over to 130,000 miles two days ago. still on original engine and tranny.

Back