CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 100K MP5 Club

100K MP5 Club

I just broke 100k miles on a 2002 mp5. Anyone else?

Remember the Blues brothers movie when they pull up to the tax office in Chicago and the car comes apart into a hundred pieces?? well, I have duct tape ready.....

Donated: $10

2008 Miata SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i Touring 38L

Congrats! I just hope you never have to use that duct tape. haha

I've got right at 117,000 on mine. 3 years ago my drive to work went from 1 hour to 5 minutes. That helped keep the milage a little lower.

I need to redo the valve cover gasket which means I may as well change my belts which means I may as well change my timing belt (its due) which means I may as well take the head off and totally rebuild the top end polishing/porting the head which means I may as well do some light boring and put some pistons in there which means I may as well go with a different cam which means I may as well go turbo... Sounds like a good plan. I havenít completely installed my exhaust yet (on order) but things are a haapinin fast! Hehe my wife is very happy that I bought an "economical" car. (evil grin) oops..
    Last edited by ZZZOOM!; 08-13-2006 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Post edited because it made too much sense.....

i got 166,000kms, whats that in miles?
    02 Red P5
    Ingen intake, Mazdaspeed exahust, Mazdaspeed oil cap
    H&R spings, KYB struts, Vibrant silicone hoses, NSN throttle body spacer, Magnacore 8.5mm plug wires, custom painted flat black hood,Sparco shift knob,Carbon spliters,AWR motor mounts,custom mid pipe(no cat or resonator),Genie 4-2-1 header,Optima Red Top, GT Spec front lower tie brace,Corksport exhaust hangers.
    http://www.toprotege.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZOOM!
    I need to redo the valve cover gasket which means I may as well change my belts which means I may as well change my timing belt (its due) which means I may as well take the head off and totally rebuild the top end polishing/porting the head which means I may as well do some light boring and put some pistons in there which means I may as well go with a different cam which means I may as well go turbo... Sounds like a good plan. I havenít completely installed my exhaust yet (on order) but things are a haapinin fast! Hehe my wife is very happy that I bought an "economical" car. (evil grin) oops..
    You can't rebuild the bottom end while it's still hooked to the tranny unless you drill some holes in the bellhousing to access 2 screws that hold the windage tray on that are only accessable with the transmission seperate from the motor.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2003 Black Mica MSP

Quote Originally Posted by xelderx
    I've got right at 117,000 on mine. 3 years ago my drive to work went from 1 hour to 5 minutes. That helped keep the milage a little lower.

What motor is that on though. My motor only had like 40,000 miles on it when we swapped.
    2003 Black Mica MazdaSpeed Protege #82

Quote Originally Posted by xelderx
    You can't rebuild the bottom end while it's still hooked to the tranny unless you drill some holes in the bellhousing to access 2 screws that hold the windage tray on that are only accessable with the transmission seperate from the motor.
    Thanks! It will probably be at least 3 more months before I seriously go into that. I'll try not to whine too much when I get there.

PNFNJ: 103,147 miles!!!
    Last edited by ZZZOOM!; 08-13-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by y0sky
    What motor is that on though. My motor only had like 40,000 miles on it when we swapped.
    3rd motor...still on original tranny though. Your motor is setting on a shelf in the garage.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2003 MP5

I'm almost to 23k
    all on the original motor and tranny too if you can believe that

2003 Protege5 - Manual
    AEM SRI - Recaro Seats - 18% window tint - Racingbeat cat-back exhaust - B&M shift kit - Spark Plugs - Wagnermotorsports Header - Kazera KZ-B 17x7.5 - Dunlop Direzza *specs - Auxmod Basic - Painted Calipers (Red) - SLS Performance Front Motor Mount - AWR Side Inserts

Donated: $5

I'm about to hit 97,000kms. Does that count?

And yay for the Blues Brothers reference. Best movie ever...

Registered Member StealthWyvern's Avatar

03.5 YLW MSP

I'm a little over 142K on orig motor and tranny and still runnign strong.... dont get me wroung the car has a few quirks about it but nothing major.

2013 CWP Mazdaspeed3

im at 95900 im gettin there. still running smooth.
    CS SRI/TIP, CS SSP, CS BPV, Hypertech tuned, DDM HID kit 6000k, JBR Cylinder Shift Knob, LED lights interior and license plate bulbs, yellow fogs with LaminX yellow vinyls, Blacked out Emblems, Blue Batmobile tail lights (all red), Bayson R spoiler lip extension, Rally Armor Mudflaps, CPe Towplate relocation license plate, Weathertech floor mats, OEM window visors, Gloss black vinyl roof, Eibach Pro Kit Springs.

Haven't installed: CPe Stage 2 RMM, JBR and Eibach spacers

Donated: $10

2003 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2000 Miata

sold my P5 at like 120,000km ... not quite 100k miles though... but still over a 100k mark.. haha

Playing wit the Euro's sickpro5's Avatar

2002.5 Mazda Pro5

i must not drive enough...02' with 50k on it...original motor and tranny.....well Im traveling from kansas to Florida in about 2 weeks so that should bump me up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by javanc
    Granted i have a slow P5 so me trying to go fast is alot more of my imagination.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast