100K MP5 Club

StealthWyvern said:
P.S. is your a ATx or MTX? If ATX do you drive it like its stolen or granny it? Has the tranny needed any work other then flushes?

Manual trans.

I need to run a carfax of mine sometime to see the mileage pattern.. We don't drive between Texas and Tulsa every two weeks like we used to, but my wife and I each have a 35 mile commute each way. I drive the P5 one week, the Mustang the next, alternating the cars with my wife. We still manage to pile on the miles. The car will be paid off in the spring, and we plan on keeping it forever (seriously). I see it going a (somewhat) easy 500,000 miles. This spring it will take it's first service trip to the dealer in 5 years. She will be getting her belts changed, trans and radiator flushed.. And I'll take her to a detailer to have a full detail done.. She deserves it.

Todd

135000 miles

I just completed my 45th oil change. I have had four sets of tires, new brakes @ 100000, timing belt x2, fluids changed x2, 4 tune-up's, original clutch. I have changed the headlights 3 or 4 times once on the fogs. I drive 90 miles to work.My car is still nice and gets 30/31 miles on the highway I have never just driven her in town so I can't say what the milage is. The interior is a 9.5/10 and if it weren't for the little rock dings in the front bumper it would be a 9.5/10. 90% of the miles are on the highway and I have put on everyone of them. I love my car and will miss her dearly because I have to sell her due to a second child.

Last edited:
152,000 miles and going strong. Original clutch, just did the timing belt, for the first time, a couple of thousand miles ago, all the seals, drive belts, water pump, etc. I'm on the second battery due to an oversight by my wife, but other than that everything else is stock, well, except for the 18" wheels, lowered suspension, MP3 windsplitter, mazdaspeed exhaust, intake, drilled/slotted rotors, and short shifter. I'm still addicted to the handling this car provides, so much fun! Later.

123K on mine.

motor replaced at 30K
Struts at 30K
Brake pads @ 60K
4 sets of tires
rear ended twice
front end backed over once
one intake manifold
A/C repair once
2 windshields
airbag problems
1 set of shifter lever bushings
1 front caliper
6 headlight bulbs
1 drivers seat back foam support

6th tranny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW!?!?!?
ive got almost 90000miles on mine and my tranny is about to replaced for the first time (slippin 3rd gear pretty bad)

redpr5 said:
6th tranny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW!?!?!?
ive got almost 90000miles on mine and my tranny is about to replaced for the first time (slippin 3rd gear pretty bad)

your whole tranny is being replaced? or just your clutch?

ChopstickHero said:
your whole tranny is being replaced? or just your clutch?
its an automatic.....so whole tranny FTL! :( not gettin done anytime soon, just dropped 3 grand for a new engine. so the tranny will either get rebuilt or replaced whenever it stops engaging 3rd all together. or just stops working all together.

i wish i had a clutch :(

um iguess i like spinning to much around corners and in snow
next time it goes or even if it still good by next winter i am doin a manual swap and turboing my car

slipkornvayne said:
um iguess i like spinning to much around corners and in snow
next time it goes or even if it still good by next winter i am doin a manual swap and turboing my car
haha i hear that man!

but yea manual swap=easier said then done. and it will leave a nice hole in your wallet.
do a search on it, theres an offical atx->mtx thread

EDIT: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81179&highlight=atx+mtx
theres the link for it.

Hit 115k today.

Only issue is my bouncing idle for 2 minutes after a gas fill up. It's the weirdest thing. I think there's something in the gas tank that gets stirred up when I refill.

not quite there yet so nobody needs to flame me. but pushing 94k so i'll be in the click soon. no big issues so far *fingers crossed*

damn, I'm at 60k and I'm burning oil and have rust coming through on the drivers side wheel well. I've taken damned good care of this car too. It'll be my last mazda.

i'm getting close...92K...no issues...prob do the timing belt this year, turbo'd auto for the last 20k miles...tranny holding up well so far!! i change the syn oil every 2500-3000 miles...doesn't use any oil in between changes...it's been a great car even though i've modded the hell out of it!(first)

How about a million miles.

WKA2006121856603_pv.jpg

The odometer on Wisconsin resident and insurance salesman Peter Gilbert's 1989 Saab 900 SPG flipped to one million at this year's North American Saab Owners Convention in Lake George, N.Y.

Back