No power coming to Pioneer Head Unit.

Just hooked up a Pioneer DEH-P5800M. I looked up the wiring color codes for the my Mazda Protege 03, and everything is hooked up the way it's supposed to, but I can't get any power to my head unit. I'm sure it's not the fuses, because my factory head unit was working perfectly right before I removed it and replaced it with the aftermarket unit. Funny thing is, I was moving the wires around, and my head unit actually turned on for a few seconds before it turned off again. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

your pioneer has a fuse in its back,check it out...maybe a bad ground,maybe the constant 12v inverse with the switched 12 v....but probably the pioneer fuse....

did u solder all of ur connections or just rig it with twisting the wires and electrical taping them, it sounds like a loose connection! check the radio fuse anyway, it might have popped while doing the wires!

Might be. I just bought this head unit so it's brand new, and I don't really know why the fuse would blow that quick.

i would go back and check the pwr, ground and on/off. red/black and orange again very good. the getto way of connecting the wires tends to come apart when re-installing the deck. believe me i know!!

rob

p.s. either solder them or use good crimps (2 pieces with a metal crimp conductor and a sealed end heatshrink tube to go over it!! )

I re-checked the wires, all the wires are hooked up together. I don't know, is there any way to check to see if the ground wire is hooked up properly?

Do you use the harness adapter?
PLease tell me you atleast taped up the wires.

If you wiggle a wire and the unit pops on then you have a bad connection. There are only 3 wires that are required to turn on a head unt. Red (switched power) Yellow (constant power) and Black (ground)

I installed my pioneer headunit today and stopped by circuit city to pick up this universal smart harness for pioneer hu's and the harness needed for proteges and didn'thave to solder or strip any wires at all. Not the cheapest route since theyre 20 bucks each but the easiest. Only wire I had to connect was the remote wire from the amp to the harness, which came with everything on the harness' blue wire to crimp.

Back