$100

rjmhotrod said:
2003 Mazda MPV wiper stalk. It gives you variable speed interval wipers. Very easy mod to do - less than 15 mins.

Cool, I hadn't heard about this. Is there a how-to?

Here's a link to the wiper stalk at mazdastuff.com.

http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=1423

You might be able to find it cheaper at a salvage yard or something. But I didn't feel like searching.

The link that i12drivemyMP5 is a good one. It really is as easy as removing a few screws. Just use something really flat to pry open the column surround and maybe do it in an inconspicious place as it may leave some marks.

Stupid question: what exactly does the variable speed wipers control (ie is it for front, rear or both wipers) and what are the benefits of it?

SuperProtege5 said:
Stupid question: what exactly does the variable speed wipers control (ie is it for front, rear or both wipers) and what are the benefits of it?

They are for the front wipers. On a stock P5, you have one speed for the intermittent wiper. IIRC is about every 1.5 - 2 secs. Sometimes that speed is too fast for a light sprinkle. The variable speed lets you decrease the intermittent wiper speed in increments from that base setting to about 10 secs or so. To me it was more of a convenience and safety mod.

Short shifter. It was the first thing I did to my car, and well worth it. Stock throws are waaaay too long.

From what I read in that thread, P5's can use the MPV stalk, but sedan owners need to get a EDM stalk. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

D-rock240 said:
From what I read in that thread, P5's can use the MPV stalk, but sedan owners need to get a EDM stalk. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I gathered as well. Sorry.

rjmhotrod said:
2003 Mazda MPV wiper stalk. It gives you variable speed interval wipers. Very easy mod to do - less than 15 mins.
You can also use a wiper stalk from Ford Escapes or Mazda Tributes.

bpoche said:
where is the best place to get a kartboy shifter. thanks

Theres a used Kartboy in the for sale section right now, check it out! I bought mine used from here.

02MazPro5 said:
If you want to go with a Short Throw Shifter, you can get an Acura Integra Shifter for $15's instead of spending over $100 for close to the same thing.

if i have a 2002 mp5 what year of accura integra short shifter should i get?

Back