Mazdaspeed6 "Lack of power" Recall??

jdub260

:
2007 MAZDASPEED6 Sport
I've been reading conflicting reports about this "fix". Some poeple say they don't notice any difference while other say it kills the performance of the car.

For those who have already had this:

Does the car feel slower/sluggish?

Does the car lose low end torque?

Any dyno numbers pre and post?

Any other general praises or complaints about this "fix"?

I'm just trying tofind out if I should try to refuse this recall or not. I'm taking the car in on Monday (8/7/06) for an oil change and tire rotation and I know this will come up. Any help will be appreciated thanks in advance.

Define:

06spd6owner said:
that much of a change.

I Auto-X my MS6 and I'm running with the EVO's and STI's so any power loss will be a bad thing. I can't keep up as is (bang) so I don't want to make it worse if I don't have to.(shady)

txrxs said:
what class does the MS6 fall under?

Stock is DS

I fall in STU with the CAI and/or suspension mods that I am doing. The engine is too large to be in STX which is where I think the MS6 should be. But if you have an aftermarket BOV or a Boost Controller you will be in SM.

Yes To Flash

I had my car flashed a month ago and it is worth it for sure...I had the whole knock sensing issue and lost a lot of power. What was bad was me just trying to show friends what it could do and it would fall on its face. My dealer is actually cool and had the guy sit in with me while driving and pointed out on my boost gauge how it dropped psi...got it flashed and boost held 1000000 x's better.

jdub260 said:
I've been reading conflicting reports about this "fix". Some poeple say they don't notice any difference while other say it kills the performance of the car.

For those who have already had this:

Does the car feel slower/sluggish?

Does the car lose low end torque?

Any dyno numbers pre and post?

Any other general praises or complaints about this "fix"?

I'm just trying tofind out if I should try to refuse this recall or not. I'm taking the car in on Monday (8/7/06) for an oil change and tire rotation and I know this will come up. Any help will be appreciated thanks in advance.

you won't be allowed to resell your car with an open recall

TheMAN said:
you won't be allowed to resell your car with an open recall

This appears to be up to the owner, as some cars simply don't get these symptoms, and it may not do much on certain cars. I could be wrong, but I'm unsure if I'm even gonna bother with this unless they just do it without me saying anything, since my 06 doesn't seem to really have any issues. I know that on my old 04 RX8, they issued a reflash recall, yet the dealer never performed it when I took it in for service. I would have had to ask for it, and the bulletin was just like this one, but the reflash was for a different reason, mostly for flooding issues some owners had. Who knows. :)

http://www.rx8club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=81981

Last edited:
I just did mine and I can tell the difference. The acceleration is smoother and the power is more consistent at all times. It is a different animal now....

I have question ! do you have a boost gauge ????? is it changing something on it ?? his the car hold 15.6 psi until 7000 rpm or not !!

i want more infos please

I do not have a booster gage :-( but I can tell you that after the fix the boost is more progressive and consistent at all times. I used to experience some roughness and power inconsistencies before the fix.

MS6S2K said:
This appears to be up to the owner, as some cars simply don't get these symptoms, and it may not do much on certain cars. I could be wrong, but I'm unsure if I'm even gonna bother with this unless they just do it without me saying anything, since my 06 doesn't seem to really have any issues. I know that on my old 04 RX8, they issued a reflash recall, yet the dealer never performed it when I took it in for service. I would have had to ask for it, and the bulletin was just like this one, but the reflash was for a different reason, mostly for flooding issues some owners had. Who knows. :)

http://www.rx8club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=81981

it's not "up to the owner"
I said you're not allowed to, and that's not what mazda says, it's what the government says

now of course there's a difference between not allowed to and getting away with it... you'll probably get away with selling the car without doing it but sooner or later someone will find out it wasn't done and it'll get done and it MAY come back to you for not doing it in the first place.... regardless, if you bring your car to the dealer to do ANYTHING, they'll go ahead and do the recall anyway because they're required to, unless your dealer is so bad that they half ass lots of s***

ok somebody else did the flash i can confirm me whit a boost guauge what psi it give and by rpm !!!!

I DONT WHAT LOSE POWER !!

sorry dude i beleive you but i want see it anyway !!!

speedlouis said:
ok somebody else did the flash i can confirm me whit a boost guauge what psi it give and by rpm !!!!

I DONT WHAT LOSE POWER !!

sorry dude i beleive you but i want see it anyway !!!

you should buy hooked on phonics and then sue the s*** out of them

smo0f said:
you should buy hooked on phonics and then sue the s*** out of them

LOL--

Anyway.

I had the reflash done AFTER i dyno'd my car "just in case". Dyno Results are posted in this forum so i wont get into the numbers etct however...Regarding the car's overall fell. In my honest opinion, the car feel's exactly the same. I never experienced power-loss and couldnt honestly say that it fixed anything but thats not to say that it didnt.

in any case, car felt 100% normal/full power etc etc...as soon as i left the dealership.

I hope to do another Dyno but money is tight right now.

stussy2870 said:
LOL--

Anyway.

I had the reflash done AFTER i dyno'd my car "just in case". Dyno Results are posted in this forum so i wont get into the numbers etct however...Regarding the car's overall fell. In my honest opinion, the car feel's exactly the same. I never experienced power-loss and couldnt honestly say that it fixed anything but thats not to say that it didnt.

in any case, car felt 100% normal/full power etc etc...as soon as i left the dealership.

I hope to do another Dyno but money is tight right now.

Lets start chipping in.(group)

TheMAN said:
it's not "up to the owner"
I said you're not allowed to, and that's not what mazda says, it's what the government says

which government...state or federal? if it's a state gov't thing, which state(s)? i've never heard of this law, so any actual info would be helpful.

Back