Passenger Door weatherstripping coming off?

prix

Hi, my girlfriend has an 05 Mazda 3s and her passenger side weatherstripping (between the door and the frame) is coming off. When you open the door you hear it peel a bit and a little section of it has disconnected from the door and hangs when you open the door. It doesn't look like it is glued on at all but I can't seem to push it back on.

My question is, should I get some type of sealent/glue thing and glue it back on or should I just try to *snap* it back into place?

Warranty?

prix said:
Hi, my girlfriend has an 05 Mazda 3s and her passenger side weatherstripping (between the door and the frame) is coming off. When you open the door you hear it peel a bit and a little section of it has disconnected from the door and hangs when you open the door. It doesn't look like it is glued on at all but I can't seem to push it back on.

My question is, should I get some type of sealent/glue thing and glue it back on or should I just try to *snap* it back into place?

I wouldn't futz with it. If your under warranty have the dealer fix it. That stuff shouldn't happen on such a new car. My 04 has no such issues.

Antonio DiMarco said:
I wouldn't futz with it. If your under warranty have the dealer fix it. That stuff shouldn't happen on such a new car. My 04 has no such issues.

good call (poke) I didn't even think of that, lol

I see the weatherstripping on my g/f's 06 mazda3 starting to have waves in it between the front and rear doors... is that normal?

DO you have pictures?

asifmbadar said:
I see the weatherstripping on my g/f's 06 mazda3 starting to have waves in it between the front and rear doors... is that normal?

Not sure my stripping also has some subtle ripples, but heat and cold can casue a little distrotion with rubber. Depends on the severity.

Back