DVD navigation updates?

Navy86

:
Black Cherry Mica CX-7
I picked up my Black Cherry Grand Touring (w/tech. package) CX-7 last Wednesday. When we took the car out for a test drive (in Richmond, VA), we got a laugh out of driving on a new road that wasn't on the nav system.

Does anyone know how often and when Mazda sends out updates to the software?

Thanks,
Mike

Navy86 said:
I picked up my Black Cherry Grand Touring (w/tech. package) CX-7 last Wednesday. When we took the car out for a test drive (in Richmond, VA), we got a laugh out of driving on a new road that wasn't on the nav system.

Does anyone know how often and when Mazda sends out updates to the software?

Thanks,
Mike

The DVD that is currently in use is last years. It is due to be updated late this year or early next. It will also run you about $200 for the new disk. I for one was not to happy with this information, thought I should at least get the 2007 maps for a 2007 model year.
-Gary

My dealer told me you get 1 free upgrade from Mazda
True ??
Should have had that in writing !!!!!!

billvack said:
My dealer told me you get 1 free upgrade from Mazda
True ??
Should have had that in writing !!!!!!

If that was the case, those folks who have a nav system in their RX-8 should have gotten an updated DVD....Which we DID NOT...

G-Papi said:
Betcha you were on 288
Yep. The last section that was opened.

The kids got a kick out of "driving in space" - we were on a road, then all of a sudden we weren't. :)

Mike

That's a good highway. Pleasant driving and saves lots of time like when I go to Petersburg from Charlottesville.

Watch out, though - it's full of (five-0) (five-0)

I just checked, and can't find it on Mapquest either.

G-Papi said:
Watch out, though - it's full of (five-0) (five-0)
Oh, I know. Been driving it since it opened, so I know all of their hiding spots.

I also know to not be the first in line. (drive2)

Mike

Back