Disable Seatbelt Reminder

Da 6

:
2013 BGM Chevy Cruze ECO, 2005 SWP Subaru Legacy GT
TSB: 08-005/05

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2005 Mazda6

DESCRIPTION
The seat belt minder is a supplemental warning to the seat belt warning function established for North American specification Mazda6 vehicles. This feature provides an additional reminder to the driver that the drivers seat belt is not fastened, by intermittently emitting a beep sound and flashing the seat belt warning light in the instrument cluster.

The seat belt minder can be deactivated either temporarily or over the long-term, and can be restored again if the customer wishes. The following information has been added to the Owners Manual:

Refer to the Repair Procedure for customers requesting Temporary or Long-Term Deactivation of the seat belt minder function.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

TEMPORARY DEACTIVATION
To temporarily deactivate belt minder:

1. Turn ignition switch to ON position.
2. Fasten drivers seat belt for approx. 2 seconds.
3. Unfasten drivers seat belt within 20 seconds.
NOTE: Belt minder will be deactivated temporarily until next time ignition switch is turned to ON position.

LONG-TERM DEACTIVATION
To deactivate belt minder long-term, instrument cluster configuration will be changed using WDS. If belt minder is deactivated long-term, it will remain deactivation until it is restored using WDS. (This requires a dealer visit)

NOTE: Long-term deactivation cannot be canceled by turning ignition switch to OFF/ON or by disconnecting battery.

Mazda6tech and msprotege.com is not responsible for your death, or the death of other individuals in your vehicle due to your inability to fasten your seatbelt.

Anyone get the temporary deactivation work? I have not.......

Im not shure if it works higher than 05 model year.

Why would someone do this? Is it for the mouth-breathers who don't wear their seatbelt or is there actually something wrong with the seatbelt warning?

toucci said:
Why would someone do this? Is it for the mouth-breathers who don't wear their seatbelt or is there actually something wrong with the seatbelt warning?
For me, just to test....... Wanted to see if it worked. Great for mechanics I suppose. (ughdance)

Back