Water Leak

gbh

1993 Protege 4D

Bought it used recently and have discovered there is a leak. The water comes in on the passanger side and drips near the top right of the floor mat. I'm in Colorado so we don't get a lot of rain, and so not a lot of test cases, but it only seems to leak in my driveway which is on an angle (front of car is higher when parked). The glass has been replaced at some point prior to my purchasing of the vehical. I'm curious if there are known leak problems with this car or if I should just get the glass replaced by someone I trust?

Gary

it might have something to do with the a/c system. the drain hole for the evaporator might be plugged

hoindawall said:
it might have something to do with the a/c system. the drain hole for the evaporator might be plugged

I haven't been running the A/C. Thanks for the quick reply. Are there obvious places to check on the firewall? I lifted the hood this evening and water is pooling in a flat area at the top left of the engine compartment if standing in front of the car. Just below the lower plastic windshield cover. Looks suspicious to me.

the drain along the windsheild along the top right is probably plugged. look for the bolt cover near the passengers side corner, under there is probably filled with gook

Liquid_Ag said:
the drain along the windsheild along the top right is probably plugged. look for the bolt cover near the passengers side corner, under there is probably filled with gook

Thanks! I'll check it out tomorrow and report back.

Gary

Nice call on the drain holes. Both sides were very clogged. I was able to unclog them now I just have to wait for rain. Water is too expensive here just to check for leaks.

Thanks,
Gary

Man, water leaks... Was still chasing the leak and finally plugged it yesterday. I pulled the trim off the passenger window pillar and pulled loose that corner of the headliner. Water was coming in at the top and following the trim down to the dash. So one very annoying issue resolved. Now I can concentrate on the other numerous known issues.

Back