What Have You Done To Your House Today?

ChopstickHero said:
nice job,

get some protective material for the garage floor. so when you work on your cars, the oils/fluids don't stain it

It's already got "Rustolium" Dude..

Nice work. I'd be in hell if I did not have a garage. No garage is complete without a set of license plates from different states.

Done ot my house today.

Well in the last month we layed a 20 X 11 brick patio, finished the new gate, more dismantaling of a car in the yard, and tore down the brick planter in the front awaiting a new style one. Gettign ready to start gettign a new 8x6 shed (gettign area ready,) and gettign side yard ready for a 3 foot tall. by 8 foot half pipe for the kids, and well me. but the wife is all for it.

garage is looking good. i would of plumed it for air before the drywall. if you work on cars i would have ran a retractable hose real int he center front fo the garage. Thats why im going to run 2. that is if you use that. But looks good. What esle being done to the house?

Dimitrios said:
Your wrenches are stubby.
yeah, but have you seen his wife? apparently he knows how to use his stubby wrenches...

Sorry, I'm jealous of your 12' ceiling garage. Actually, I'm jealous of any garage. Condo living FTL...

altspace said:
Nice work. I'd be in hell if I did not have a garage. No garage is complete without a set of license plates from different states.

I'm in NY and I have my current (active) front license plate stuck to the wall in the garage.. and it's a CT plate, so that's technically a different state haha.

what did you use on the floor? i have painted my garage as well but used the Home Depot garage paint, looks nice but once i start working on the car it comes off :(

i finished the basement, put up a fence, 10 X 37 cement patio, shed, almost done with the back yard. next month makes a yr we have been in the house

Attachments

• DSCN1073.JPG
    DSCN1073.JPG
    379.9 KB · Views: 2,322
  • DSCN1074.JPG
    DSCN1074.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 2,304
  • DSCN1075.JPG
    DSCN1075.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 2,316
  • DSCN1076.JPG
    DSCN1076.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 2,304
  • DSCN1077.JPG
    DSCN1077.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 1,394
willkill said:
i finished the basement, put up a fence, 10 X 37 cement patio, shed, almost done with the back yard. next month makes a yr we have been in the house

You lucky bastards and your basements. No such luck in Texas. Where I am at you would have to dig it out of soild limestone. It would pretty much be your mini-limestone quarry :)

basement needed to be finished thats where i like to pal Call Of Duty2 on the xbox360, Mountonas who told u

looks sweet! I was lazy and purchased a house with a two car garage already in it.

^^ that's the way it should be. My dream home is a 3-car garage on the first floor, and a two-bedroom, kitchen, dining room, living room, and bathroom on the 2nd floor. attic/den/workout space above that. Oh and with pretty wide garage bays, a nice pegboard and workbench, and a lift :D

Oh yeah I saw my new garage last night. It blew away my expectations. The only thing it is really missing is a garage door opener, but I'm sure they aren't too expensive and there are already 4 plug outlet units in the ceiling. It doesn't have finished walls or ceilings, so I dunno I may talk to my landlord to see about insulating it (I pay for and install the installation, he just has to OK it). Oh and the ceiling isn't finished either, just rafters.

I need some cheap 48" fluorescent light units in there though, there's just one 75w incandescent in the corner. It's a pretty big space though.

http://picasaweb.google.com/clauretano/57MayStreet/photo#4945899423284985874

It's much longer than I need it to be, and wow that space to the right of the garage door FOR THE WIN. I gotta ask my landlord if the replacement door he ordered (the old one got it's lower panel kicked out) still has glass windows, and if so if I can install a deadbolt and steel cage on the inside over the glass. It's a really friendly, quiet, and protected neighborhood but it still is within city limits of the city of Rochester so I don't want to risk anything happening with my baby :)

Oh and that epoxy garage floor covering looks like good stuff! I'm going to check our Home Depot or Lowes if I get a chance today.

Looks good, check out soem yard sales for some good deals on cabinets and desks that can be used and abused.

Last week I layed tile on two bathroom floors, hallway, foyer, and regrouted two tub enclosures and kitchen backsplash. Tore down and redrywalled an upstairs(about 900 sqft), painted a basement, and tore out and rebuilt a front porch. And not even my house. My brother in law flips a couple houses a year.

Epoxy can substitute part of the required water to add to grout as a protectant when using in wet areas and kitchen countertops.

Back