What Have You Done To Your House Today?

Brian MP5T

Banned
Contributor
:
MP5T / 944
The "What Have You Done To Your Protege 5 Today Thread Has Inspired Me To Start This Thread.

I finally have a Garage after two complete rebuilds outside in the snow and Rain...

As you can imagine, it is a Home for both of my Babies and all the tools I have aquired in the last 15 Years... It is a place of Work and at the same time, it is a reflection of who I am. It is going to be a perfect working enviroment with all tools within reach. You will see at 48" from the top of the garage, there are wires in the wall, they are for the 8 Tube Lights on the walls and there are an additional 12 going on the front and back walls..

Here is the start... No Epoxy On The Bare Cement..

Garage%20%282%29.jpg

After The Epoxy...

Garage%20%281%29.jpg

Added Some Light And started the Far Wall..

Garage%201.jpg

Garage%202.jpg

Garage%203.jpg

Garage%204.jpg

I came up with an idea for the garage. Because most of the time I'm working on the car I use the internet as a reference, I decided that I could take the old 19" monitor and the wirless interface (Mouse Keyboard) and run them into the garage rather than the theater. I found that the bulb life was being wasted on the projector which was originally bought for just movies. This way, the computer stays downstairs but you can use it in the garage. I'm going to run an audio wire as well and that way it will be a fully independant remote station with the second printer in the garage.

Here is what it looks like.

Garage%20-%20(7).jpg

Last edited:
congrats.. that'll be really nice when you finish.

What did I do to my house today.. hmm.. oh well I packed a few more boxes of stuff from the kitchen. Tomorrow I start hauling loads back and forth to the new house after I get out of work.

Brian MP5T said:
The "What Have You Done To Your Protege 5 Today Thread Has Inspired Me To Start This Thread.

I finally have a Garage after two complete rebuilds outside in the snow and Rain...

As you can imagine, it is a Home for both of my Babies and all the tools I have aquired in the last 15 Years... It is a place of Work and at the same time, it is a reflection of who I am. It is going to be a perfect working enviroment with all tools within reach. You will see at 48" from the top of the garage, there are wires in the wall, they are for the 8 Tube Lights on the walls and there are an additional 12 going on the front and back walls..

Here is the start... No Epoxy On The Bare Cement..

After The Epoxy...

Added Some Light And started the Far Wall..
nice.. is that a 10' ceiling?

So I ran a

VGA Cable
Mouse and Keyboard
Speakers

From the computer in the basement to a 19" Monitor in the garage..

Now I can search for crap directly from the garage.

I cleaned up the dog s*** in the back yard.

KanseiZM said:
why not just put the computer in the garage?

The internet is tied to the one in the basement and this way I don't have to buy a new computer. I already have all the s***..

I came up with an idea for the garage. Because most of the time I'm working on the car I use the internet as a reference, I decided that I could take the old 19" monitor and the wirless interface (Mouse Keyboard) and run them into the garage rather than the theater. I found that the bulb life was being wasted on the projector which was originally bought for just movies. This way, the computer stays downstairs but you can use it in the garage. I'm going to run an audio wire as well and that way it will be a fully independant remote station with the second printer in the garage.

Here is what it looks like.

Garage%20-%20(7).jpg

Great work!

The guys just finished installing the 'water management' system in my basement (read french drain with two pumps)!! Yeah, no more in-ground pool :)

nice job,

get some protective material for the garage floor. so when you work on your cars, the oils/fluids don't stain it

Dimitrios said:
Your wrenches are stubby.
heh.. those were the words coming out of my mouth before I scrolled down.

should have at least done the epoxy flooring when the house was still brand new and the garage was relatively empty... now it's filled with crap, sigh

Back