New Guy and Future MS3 Owner

Insurance Guy

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport - Black Mica
A bit about myself:

I am 27, married, from Wilmington, DE. I sell insurance for a living. To attorneys. It's quite exciting.

I had a 1996 Honda Civic EX, 2dr, 5spd, with an intake, exhaust, strut tower bar, and a really nice system (Alpine head, Alpine door speaks, Alpine rear deck speaks, 2 10" JLs w/ 800w Kenwood amp). Then, sometime in April, the engine died. Something about no oil in the thing...

At the time, I was in no position to be buying a car. I was working on paying off a trip to Europe (I leave in 6 days!!!) and had been waiting for the Civic Si Sedan to come out this fall. My father-in-law, being the swell guy he is, gave me his 1999 Grand Am. I really felt like I needed a 4dr car to haul around clients, and this served as a temporary replacement until I could payoff my trip and focus on the Si. Then, by some miracle, I read about the all-new Mazdaspeed3. I thought I had died and gone to Japan.

A bit about my search fulfilled:

I lurked on these boards for a while reading about what people thought of the 3, and I was happy with what I heard. Yesterday, upon reading that another Delawarean put down his deposit, I headed over to the only Mazdaspeed dealer in DE and put down my $500 on a 2007 MS3 Sport, Black. They were actually planning on ordering a Red one, and I love Red, but I'm married. And the wife doesn't like Red. End of story.

I'll be around for a while now, hopefully participating, but definitely lurking and reading about everyone's experience with my future rocketship.

I'm off to wash my bad GM product. Later.

-Chris

haha hey man i just posted in the other thread but this one seems more appropriate now... anyway, again congrats on the car, were definately gonna have to meet up once we get the cars since we'll probly be the only 2 in DE with the car, make a ms3 mini-meet lol

jbiird317 said:
haha hey man i just posted in the other thread but this one seems more appropriate now... anyway, again congrats on the car, were definately gonna have to meet up once we get the cars since we'll probly be the only 2 in DE with the car, make a ms3 mini-meet lol

Thanks again. I copied my response in the other thread here. A mini-meet sounds good. That, or we can just fold into a Philly or S. Jersey meet - like us Delaware guys always have to do.

----
Yes, I went through NuCar - they happen to be the only Mazdaspeed dealer in Delaware. The second car, which is scheduled to be produced starting in "mid-August", was in Cosmic Blue and had already been ordered. I wasn't too interested in that color. The third was supposed to be red, but he is changing the order to black. The forth is supposed to be a silver GT.

I'm glad you're getting the GT, because I too would have been upset if I missed the boat. Thankfully, I wanted the Sport all along, so it worked out well for both of us.

We'll keep in touch, and most definitely meet up sometime in November.
----

Welcome Chris :D Thanks for sharing your story...Be sure to keep us updated and post (pics)!

Enjoy the forums (thumb)

Update

I got a call from the dealer yesterday. It looks like my ride will be in a little earlier than expected. When I put my deposit down last week, 2 MS3s had already been ordered - one Black GT and one Cosmic Blue Sport. I put my money on the next one to be ordered, a Black Sport.

Well, the dealer called me today and said that they were able to change the second ordered MS3 to Black, and it should go to production in mid-August instead of late August to early September.

I'll have pics up as soon as it's in my anxious little hands.

Insurance Guy said:
I got a call from the dealer yesterday. It looks like my ride will be in a little earlier than expected. When I put my deposit down last week, 2 MS3s had already been ordered - one Black GT and one Cosmic Blue Sport. I put my money on the next one to be ordered, a Black Sport.

Well, the dealer called me today and said that they were able to change the second ordered MS3 to Black, and it should go to production in mid-August instead of late August to early September.

I'll have pics up as soon as it's in my anxious little hands.

Whoa there, hombre, they might have chopped off a couple of weeks but yer still looking at a couple of months of anxious handsedness. Also, just curious, did they actually take your money or are they just holding a check?

i also got good news, my car has a birthday! 8/8/06 mine is being built and i will see it in 8-10 weeks after that (hoping close to 8 but i know itll be more like 12) Anyway, me and InsuranceGuy are using the same dealer (same salesman even) and theyre holding a copy of a check for me as good faith but when i get pricing, I'm going to put down ~$7000, depending on how much i get for my current car

got to see the MS3 in person, in motion, at a car meet this saturday. Definitely a nice car, nice interior. The two tone leather seats with mazdaspeed stitching are definitely nice. I'm not a big hatch fan but this one was definitely nice.

Here are 2 pics i took with my phone:

Last edited:
jbiird317 said:
i also got good news, my car has a birthday! 8/8/06 mine is being built and i will see it in 8-10 weeks after that (hoping close to 8 but i know itll be more like 12) Anyway, me and InsuranceGuy are using the same dealer (same salesman even) and theyre holding a copy of a check for me as good faith but when i get pricing, I'm going to put down ~$7000, depending on how much i get for my current car

Supposedly, the prices have been released to dealers. Could just be a prank, but this is from another forum (posted by someone who just joined today):

2007 Pricing Announcement
on: Today at 07:25:56 PM
Mazdaspeed3 pricing effective July 24th sent to dealers:

Sport: $22,240
Grand Touring: $23,955

-mix12

seanw said:
Supposedly, the prices have been released to dealers. Could just be a prank, but this is from another forum (posted by someone who just joined today):

2007 Pricing Announcement
on: Today at 07:25:56 PM
Mazdaspeed3 pricing effective July 24th sent to dealers:

Sport: $22,240
Grand Touring: $23,955

-mix12

Anyone work at a dealer or Mazda who can confirm this...?

TT Steve at NuCar today and my MS3 is scheduled to be built starting Friday. He said it should be in around mid- to late-September.

And yes, pricing will be about $22,800 for my Sport. This is too good to be true.

I cannot wait to get rid of my Grand Am. What a s*** bucket...

Insurance Guy said:
TT Steve at NuCar today and my MS3 is scheduled to be built starting Friday. He said it should be in around mid- to late-September.

And yes, pricing will be about $22,800 for my Sport. This is too good to be true.

I won't be surprised if some dealers mark our new baby up! SAY NO TO MARKUPS!

Insurance Guy said:

Hell yeah, my MS3 is being built TOMORROW! Price for the GT exactly as quoted, 24,5xx with no markup (thank you steve and nucar mazda for not sucking)... can't wait til mid september! now to sell my protege........

Antoine said:
I won't be surprised if some dealers mark our new baby up! SAY NO TO MARKUPS!

Yeah, one salesguy in Atlanta who posts on another forum refuses to say what the prices will be at his dealership. Even though MSRP and options prices are known factors, his excuse is that they won't know pricing until they get a VIN. All he'll say is they'll be "fair". Sounds like they want a fair markup and are just deciding how much.

Congrats to you guys in NJ. Personally, I think Mazda got the MSRPs just about right and anybody charging more is a *&*^*&^%!

Another Needless Update - VIN!!!

I just got my VIN from Steve at NuCar. Once the car actually goes to production (scheduled for Friday), he'll have an estimated ship date and estimated arrival date.

I am so ridiculously excited...

dread said:
congrats man, did you negociate a price and if so are you getting it below msrp?

No, I did not negotiate a price. The price they quoted including destination and wheel locks is $22,840 for the Sport. I don't know how much room I'll have to negotiate with them. I believe the dealer invoice price is about $20,500, so there's not a whole lot of room for movement. Add that to the fact that the dealer now has 3 of it's allotment spoken for and they are the only Speed dealer in Delaware... I'm not holding my breath.

I'm pretty happy they won't be marking the price up over the MSRP.

Back