traded in my Protege :(

Demm

:
2002 Protege LX
I traded in my 02 Protege :( i signup up for this forum when i first got my car almost 2 years ago lol. been a great stay here, and i will keep checking in and reading.

here's where im going to get flamed lol. i traded my protege in for an 06 Saturn Ion Redline.

http://www.lucidityonline.net/redline/1.jpg all the way through 12.jpg.

Laterz all
-Demm

I drove one of these at a special GM demo track here where I live. Couldnt get the car up to speed, but at the low speeds I was driving it, I wasnt impressed. Pretty torquey, gotta be a way to squeeze more out the supercharger though....Nice Red color, that'll turn some heads!

yea the engine does cut off way to early. from what i hear the engine has no problems going up to 7k-7.5k rpm but it cuts off at 6.5k :( the stage 2 kit is supposed to raise the RPM to 7k. maybe when the stage 3 comes out it will raise it even higher.

it speeds up pretty quick, at least compared to the cars that i've had. it's 0-60 in 6.2 sec, and does the 1/4 in 14.3. i like the handling on it too. only thing that i didnt like right away is that first gear goes by in like a second, and if you hit the gas all you do is spin your tires.

what made you not impressed by it?

Demm said:
yea the engine does cut off way to early. from what i hear the engine has no problems going up to 7k-7.5k rpm but it cuts off at 6.5k :( the stage 2 kit is supposed to raise the RPM to 7k. maybe when the stage 3 comes out it will raise it even higher.

it speeds up pretty quick, at least compared to the cars that i've had. it's 0-60 in 6.2 sec, and does the 1/4 in 14.3. i like the handling on it too. only thing that i didnt like right away is that first gear goes by in like a second, and if you hit the gas all you do is spin your tires.

what made you not impressed by it?

Recently got back from the CMI Summer Nationals here where I live. There was one Ion Redline there, and it was NOT running 14.3's! Consistant Low 15's, all day. I was not impressed by the output of the supercharger, car seems slow for its engineering. GM is thinking about a merger with Toyota, maybe they will give them some Boost tips....

isnt that the same engine that is in the cobalt ss? or so my friend that worked for GM told me...

truplayax14 said:
isnt that the same engine that is in the cobalt ss? or so my friend that worked for GM told me...

i thought it was basically the same car???

hmm well i havent ran the car in the quarter mile yet, but that's what saturn claims it runs and that's what many people run on the saturn forum i'm on. so that bit of info was just passed on not actually done by me. so maybe it's wrong.

yes it is the same car as the cobolt, same engine and everything, just a different body basically.

in 2008 or 2009 saturn is actually taking the opel's from europe and importing them. they will all be made there and imported with the saturn name. the saturn sky is a good example because it's taking after the opel roadster. the new redline will take after the opel astra. but those will no longer be supercharged, but instead turboed. so maybe that will help a bit.

Last edited:
Back