Road Noise

Yeah my Wife does not like the raod noise in her 5 and wants me to look into this.
One thing i am considering is changing tires what other tire sizes will fit and provide more aspec while providing clearence?

Advice on tires that are quieter ?

Thanks

Seattle5 said:
Yeah my Wife does not like the raod noise in her 5 and wants me to look into this.
One thing i am considering is changing tires what other tire sizes will fit and provide more aspec while providing clearence?

Thanks
The Mazda5 tires are Toyo Proxes, which if I'm correct, are Ultra High Performance tires. Great for staying glued to dry pavement, not so great for smothness/quietness and/or snow.

If you're not planning to tear around your neighborhood and you want more in the comfort area, then all you need is to find some nice all season touring tires. Go to TireRack.com. They have a 'tire finder' that not only lets you input your car for the proper fit, but you can also select what types of tires you're interested in and it'll weed out the onese you dont.

You need the tire size 205/50-17 for the 5 OEM wheels.

Seattle5 said:

Thanks

If you go to your Mazda dealer they most likely will not have the Toyos. They replace them with G-Force Sport I think, and they are at about $20 cheaper and I've read reviews that claim them to be better than the Toyos.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0408scc_bfgoodrich_g_force_sport/

jandree22 said:
The Mazda5 tires are Toyo Proxes, which if I'm correct, are Ultra High Performance tires. Great for staying glued to dry pavement, not so great for smothness/quietness and/or snow.

If you're not planning to tear around your neighborhood and you want more in the comfort area, then all you need is to find some nice all season touring tires. Go to TireRack.com. They have a 'tire finder' that not only lets you input your car for the proper fit, but you can also select what types of tires you're interested in and it'll weed out the onese you dont.

You need the tire size 205/50-17 for the 5 OEM wheels.

I'm assuming my stock '02 P-5 rims are 16"? I don't really care for performance, just want to lower my noise level & also not spend a fortune. Can I get something like 205/60-16 on mine? I have no clue when it comes to tires...

Back