What is your next mod to your mp3 going to be??

Topher said:
put my side-exit exhaust on last friday...put the cams from twilight's GB in tuesday...gotta get the exhaust cam in time (off one tooth)...doing that this evening.

I thought you were selling your ride. What happend?

mgs_freak said:
Oh yeah, I installed my DG urethane front lip a little over a week ago too. As soon as it gets nice outside again I'll try and snap some pics.

One of the best mods you can do. (drinks)

Topher said:
it was one of those "if it sells, cool...if not, even better" things.

NICE! I'm glad I found a blue one, otherwise I may have taken yours.

Finally installed my AXR bracket. It'd been sitting in the garage for a while. It went on pretty well, but it took longer to do than expected. About 1.5 hours. Made a HUGE difference in my rear stability and flex. I have a broken sway bar endlink, so I think that's why the difference is so noticeable? I'm curious how this thing will feel when I finally get the rear end finished. Stupid previous owners.

Installed the DaveB brushed rings a few weeks ago. Forgot about this thread. Whoever started it should rename it like the others. "What have you done to your MP3 today."

Oh yeah. Added air freshener too. Manderine orange

Latest Mods:

New Carputer
DSCF3437.jpg

AXR Clunk Fix Brackets:

DSCF3191.jpg

Turbo Heat Blanket:
DSCF3458.jpg

Vibrant Turbo Back Exhaust with custom 3-inch Mid Pipe to mate up to the MAM 3-inch Downpipe:
DSCF3465.jpg

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP DUDE! Best use for a glove box I've ever seen.

Turbo blanket to help keep temps down under the hood, or what?

I read somewhere in a magazine (i think scc) that those blankets are insulated with asbestos. So dont be putting that thing too close to your face (i dont know why you would anyway (dunno) ).

Finally got the courage to install the AWR rear mount last weekend. It took about 3.5 hours with no instructions. I did it at my work, with an impact, otherwise I don't think I would have tried this on my own.

Hopefully the mount will loosen up a little with time, because right now it's unbearable with a cold engine. The resonance inside the cabin hurts my ears until the engine warms up. 1100-1200 rpms is the worst.

LinuxRacr said:
You'll grow to love it!!

I really like how it performs. As soon as I pulled out of the driveway at work and onto the street I could immediately feel a difference. My rear mount looked a little worn and felt kinda weak, so maybe that's part of it. I did a burnout a few days later leaving work to check for wheel hop, and there was still some, but very minor. Compared to what it was doing before, it was A LOT smoother. Power delivery seems stronger and clutch engagements/shifts are also smoother.

No love for your MP3 or what? Is everyone done modding their MP3's?

Anyway, my jet hot coated wagner shorty header should arrive tomorrow. I'll def. be posting some pics. I'm so anxious it'll be hard to sleep tonight.

I am getting new brakes for the rear. One of my calipers crapped out and is leaking a ton of brake fluid. Also getting new pads since my rears started grinding yesterdat... Time for the MSP upgrade at least. The fronts will benifit from something bigger in the future.

i am upgrading my brakes to the msp setup- front and rear. i have all the parts, and i am in the process of painting the calipers yellow before i put them on. i am also in the process of retrofitting some hid projectors into my headlights-using leds for the turn signals. and just bought a kartboy shifter that i am procrastinating to put in my mp3.

Cool man. Yeah, I will definitely be painting my new calipers yellow. My old ones were yellow, but I didn't do any prep-work when I painted them way back in 2002.

TWM shifter (w/bushings) will be shipped shortly, wagner shorty is waiting for me to finish my move so that I can install it...looking at a custom highflow j-midpipe sometime this summer.

If you haven't already, get you some PIAA Silicone Wipers. You'll never need rain-x again, and you can drive in heavy downpours on the highway with your wipers OFF! (as long as you have enough speed, and there isn't a huge semi truck in front of you throwing up fine mist from the water that it is obliterating in its wake!) Even then, the lowest wiper setting is more than enough. While other folks are pulling over on the shoulder, because their highest setting won't give them visibility, you will be driving through with clear vision. I just replaced mine about 3 months ago, and the set I had before these were on my car since 2002! Best investment EVER!!

P.S. The ones I bought have the spoilers on them that keep them planted to the glass for even better wipes!

As you stated above, and as you most likely already know, the yellow calipers look hot on our cars. I suggest you use the Duplicolour ceramic paint set...awesome results, and you know it won't just flake off. You'll probably want to get better brushes then what is included, but otherwise the kit is great. The brake cleaner is only good enough for one full job, but you'll have enough paint for at least 2 cars, maybe more depending on how many coats you put and how much of your calipers you paint. I painted ~75-80% with 3 light/medium coats and I have at least half of the paint left.

As for the wipers, where did you get those? They sound sweet :D

LinuxRacr said:
If you haven't already, get you some PIAA Silicone Wipers. You'll never need rain-x again, and you can drive in heavy downpours on the highway with your wipers OFF! (as long as you have enough speed, and there isn't a huge semi truck in front of you throwing up fine mist from the water that it is obliterating in its wake!) Even then, the lowest wiper setting is more than enough. While other folks are pulling over on the shoulder, because their highest setting won't give them visibility, you will be driving through with clear vision. I just replaced mine about 3 months ago, and the set I had before these were on my car since 2002! Best investment EVER!!

P.S. The ones I bought have the spoilers on them that keep them planted to the glass for even better wipes!

Just installed a deck and ipod connector, then the shortty header (rewelded), last month. Looking to do HIDs, clunk fix and lowering it next.

Back