Current Engine bay pics everyone

nice, boost is aw3s0me.

heres my engine bay pic.. guess the car? (clue... look at my avatar.)
IMG_0453.jpg

btw, pirana's car makes me cry. so friggin awesome.

Last edited:
My car is at the Body Shop right now, but this pic is the most recent:

051306%20053i.jpg

whoa, interesting intake. is there some sort of filter within that cf enclosure?

eh... its the ebst effective way ive found to convert my ebay SRI into a true cold air... the pvc has a better curve, better heat resistence, and more easily modifiable. and it alows me to put my temp sensor basically in the fender well so it never gets heat soaked... and like i said... the pvc doesnt hold the heat like the cheap metal...

D-rock240 said:
My car is at the Body Shop right now, but this pic is the most recent:

051306%20053i.jpg

I can't imagine that the hood closes all the way.... not nockin it at all just saying it looks big.
definantlynal though:)

batmang said:
nice, boost is aw3s0me.

heres my engine bay pic.. guess the car? (clue... look at my avatar.)
IMG_0453.jpg

btw, pirana's car makes me cry. so friggin awesome.

i think the yaris has the same engine....?

nvmsp said:
Does that intake work good?
Sounds good and works fine for me. I bought it off ebay 2 years ago and wasn't expecting much, but it has turned out well.

Last edited:
nvmsp said:
Just wanted to know if it was efficient and didnt get too hot or anything.

Nah nothing like that. I clean it every 10k, I'm sure it would get hot if the filter got clogged up though. I'm going to go with a Simota CAI next so I can position the filter right behind the left rear foglight hole of my MSP lip when this intake breaks. The casing is just a little less fragile than fiberglass :(

terbow said:
soo, just for clarification, is that a "j" pipe heat shield welded and wire strapped to ur intake?
haha i just noticed this post... well yes it WAS there... just wire strapped... not welded... now its gone... and the rest of the intake has 1200 degree ceramic paint...

nice and cool =)

the way i see it... it goes the same place as the injen... for more than half the price...

and since the PVC is thicker, less prone to heat soak, and just as smooth on the inside, and all my tubes are ceramic coated, and my temp sensor sits in the coolest possible place... i'd almost venture to say that it should be mroe effective...

Here's my engine bay...

Attachments

• aftermafrelocation.jpg
    aftermafrelocation.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 505
  • aftermafrelocationside.jpg
    aftermafrelocationside.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 362
Back