Throttle body groundwire

What mod it that? never heard of it.

Brian MP5T said:
Yeah, a small wire is gonna add 300 WHP..

no one doing a $5 mod should expect even 1HP. but seriously, even a split second difference in throttle response might mean something to some people.

That's right. the 3 and 5 have electronic Throttles. I have installed ground wires on my 2003 Toyota matrix XRS and also on my 5. check out this thread.

http://www.bcmazda3.com/forum/index.php?topic=4195.0

These are my personal, objective observations. Considering that I probably used a total of a bout $5 - $10 for parts (I had all my parts available from past projects; 8ga. wire, 'O' ring connectors, etc.) and IMHO, I detect a more responsive engine, I think it was worth MY time. Then again, others have spent hundreds of dollars buying ground wire sytems from the likes of Sun automotive, etc, and swear they get the same results.

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0401cae_hyper_ground_system/

It works...at least on my two other cars. I did it many years ago on my Subaru specifically to smooth out the idle, the off idle throttle response and to elimate a major flat spot in the rev range. It worked.

It's been over 9 months since I sanded the paint from two of the grounds; one next to brake fluid resevoir and the other located below the PS fluid resevoir. I also coated both with GB OX-GUARD to prevent corrosion.

Since I still have a bunch of 10 gauge wire and grommets from the Subaru job maybe I'll run a wire to the Mazda5 throttle body and clean-up any other grounds I find the next time I do an oil change.

I got this mod done this morning, thank you Martman for all the help :D

The first impression gave me was the engine rev up faster. I feel like the car added some house power already (omg) , not much but I know there is a difference. (ughdance)

Now the racing blood within my body is starting to boil again......

gemino said:
I got this mod done this morning, thank you Martman for all the help :D

The first impression gave me was the engine rev up faster. I feel like the car added some house power already (omg) , not much but I know there is a difference. (ughdance)

Now the racing blood within my body is starting to boil again......

You are welcome, Gemino. Not bad for a cheap, 5 minute mod, huh???

Just did this a couple of days ago in my auto. Biggest thing I've noticed so far is smoother shifts on hard accelleration and the power was available with a touch of the pedal. Before I did this there was a bit of a "dead" spot when I pushed the pedal down a little bit, it would go slowly, then at a certain point it seemed the throttle would kick in and the car would launch forward. Now the power is available immediately and is more predictable. Well worth $5 and 10 min. of my time. I'm looking for additional ground points now. Results will vary.

GTA5 said:
Just did this a couple of days ago in my auto. Biggest thing I've noticed so far is smoother shifts on hard accelleration and the power was available with a touch of the pedal. Before I did this there was a bit of a "dead" spot when I pushed the pedal down a little bit, it would go slowly, then at a certain point it seemed the throttle would kick in and the car would launch forward. Now the power is available immediately and is more predictable. Well worth $5 and 10 min. of my time. I'm looking for additional ground points now. Results will vary.

GTA5, I too have been looking for additional ground points. I was thinking of adding a ground wire to the tranny, but that may involve either pulling the air filter housing and tubing to access the tranny from above or creeping under the car, pulling the bottom shroud and attacking the tranny from there.

In my last 'project car' an '03 Matrix XRS, I even had ground points on the fuel rails, and a couple ground points the the chassis and body.

I have heard on other forums that the biggest impact on the 5 and 3 is the TB ground wire mod. I'll let you know if I do find the energy and time to do my tranny add-on.

Cheers,

Back