compression test

yeah i was running a custom turbokit. took it off in november and havent driven the car since. burns a crap load of oil too. imma rebuild and leave it as much oem as possible. i just wanna get back to driving it.

well started got it done in 6hrs. not bad for a bondo baby.

engine.JPG

engine2.JPG

engine3.JPG

engine4.JPG

engine5.JPG

thanks. i will hopefully finish tearing it apart tomorrow. i am just waiting on parts from the dealership.

Of course, now is a good time to clean the engine bay in the areas you cannot normally reach...if you are into that...

engine was burning a crapload of oil, right around 1quart every 300miles. most of it was coming out of the valve cover. i will clean it up really good and paint everything. there is oil all over the place.

Cool deal. Be sure you install a new valve cover gasket. I have one at home waiting to be installed. I was told they could be re-used when I put on a new valve cover. It is seeping just a tad, so the dealership vendor on the forum was cool, hooked me up with the gasket within 3 days, great price.

It was in the low 20's from what I remember. I called, got him on the line imediately. Best dealer experience ever. Too bad they are not in FL!

yeah i replaced the gasket but it still leaked. i am just hoping i get the engine running good. didnt do much today. i was offroading most of the day.

****!!!! ok finished taking apart the engine and found the real problem. pics coming soon.

Back