I highly recommend Greddy Profec B spec II (EBC)

I have just installed it and it holds boost perfect.

Very easy to install and very easy to adjust settings.

Not to mention we have a large support here on the forum on different settings and you just can't be lost anywhere on this route.

No more boost spikes for me and now I realized how crappy the Unichip EBC is.....

Good to know. I will be buying that in couple weeks. Where did you pick it up and for how much?

Based on your sig, looks like you have a Split Sec AFC. I feel the combo of the Split Sec and the Greddy ProFecB, best bang for the performance buck on stock internals.

i still havent figured it out i even called cullen at **********, but i just gave up till i get an fmic

islander81 said:
i still havent figured it out i even called cullen at **********, but i just gave up till i get an fmic

What part did you not figured out? I will try my best to help.

btw, I got mind for around $260 on ebay (bidding not buy it now).

What are your settings if you don't mind me asking?

And one thing I am confused about on mine. I can only set the gain from 5-25 which I don't understand since I see many people going higher than that.

msfamilia said:
I have just installed it and it holds boost perfect.

Very easy to install and very easy to adjust settings.

Not to mention we have a large support here on the forum on different settings and you just can't be lost anywhere on this route.

No more boost spikes for me and now I realized how crappy the Unichip EBC is.....

Does it spike when you let off of the gas? Mine seems to do that whenever I use it. I'll boost to 7.5ish and then when I switch to the highest boost reached it'll read 9ish.

well i cant tell you my settings right now im deployed overseas but when i get back i'll look up the thread again and i'll let you know. It would get up to 10 psi but then it wont hold it it'll just drop. It did it all the time no matter what setting i had it on but i'll let you guys know when i get back with the settings so ya'll can tell me about where i should put each setting at or if i got one of them wrong. I got mine off ebay for 200 even. But i dont have an fmic yet is it cool to boost higher if i dont?

When you get back try adjusting your gain to help the dropoff. I wouldn't go too much higher without a FMIC or any other supporting mods.

msfamilia said:
What part did you not figured out? I will try my best to help.

btw, I got mind for around $260 on ebay (bidding not buy it now).

ive had this thing forever and the best i have gotten is spike 8.0-8.4 and hold 7.0 psi.
set 16%
gain 25%
set gain 40

any suggestions?!!?!?!?

dont copy someone elses settings. read the instructions on how to set up it. settings are going to be different for everyone's car.

mspHtown said:
ive had this thing forever and the best i have gotten is spike 8.0-8.4 and hold 7.0 psi.
set 16%
gain 25%
set gain 40

any suggestions?!!?!?!?

try to lower the gain 5% at a time until it does not spike. Also, if you target at 7psi, then your set gain (startboost) maybe a little high too. Try to back it off by 0.5 psi - 1psi

or try to properly use the limiter function. set the warning to around 8psi then the limited to 10% (8*0.9=7.2).

mspHtown said:
set 16%
gain 25%
set gain 40
any suggestions?!!?!?!?

Your Set Gain is WAY TO HIGH !

Explanation from another forum :
START BOOST (also known as SET GAIN because that is what is displayed on the unit when adjusting this setting) is the lowest boost that the Greddy unit will begin increasing the boost from under WOT. You want this to be as close to the SET value as possible, since you want to keep as close to your desired boost as possible. However, setting it too close to the SET value will cause the boost to spike. You should set this to a conservative setting when beginning to tune your Greddy unit. Then you can fine-tune it later to get it as close to the SET value as possible without causing the boost to spike. Fortunately, you can set this in psi or kPa, thankfully Greddy didn't decide to let this be adjustable in % like the SET value. START BOOST SHOULD BE SET TO YOUR DESIRED BOOST PRESSURE MINUS 4 PSI (about 28 kPa).

See your Profec-B Spec 2 Instruction Manuel or http://www.alamomotorsports.com/greddy/PROFEC_B_SPEC2.pdf, page 17 for more details!

Attachments

• profec-b.GIF
    profec-b.GIF
    26 KB · Views: 2,400
so then how is my set gain way too high? il turn it down some but from what you said its only a little off.

I will be selling my profec b II shortly, as soon as i get an FS thread up for it. Price will be roughly around $250. PM me if interested.

Stormtrooper77 said:
So for around 8psi, his set gain is good at 40. Remember, 8psi would read 80.

I'm pretty sure the Start Boost setting don't have decimals, but then it's not clearly explained in the manual!

Mine is set to 4 (I assume it is 4psi, not 4.0psi) and i'm running at 8psi without spike for the whole powerband up to redline...

Last edited:
Back