Can you put an amp in the glove box?

AFTC

:
3s, touring, auto, sedan
Please excuse my ignorance on any install stuff. I just got my 3 and am going to put in new speakers, HU, and amp.

Is is possible to put an amp in the glove box? I want a small amp not a monster.
What are other good places as I want to keep my trunk free so I can use it.

Thanks

you can park a truck in the MZ3 glovebox ;)

you have some choices

1. in the glovebox (providing the amp is small enough, the glovebox is BIG, but oddly shaped)
2. under a seat
3. on the back of the rear seatbacks.
4. on the trunk side wall

i recomend if you put it under the seats, that you get a piece of wood and raise it off the floor

just in case you leave your windows down by accident and it rains :(

You can put it in the glovebox but you have to keep in mind that it gets very warm when you crank your tunes. Unless you installed some fans to ventilate the box you would end up with some warped plastic in there.

JCell said:
i recomend if you put it under the seats, that you get a piece of wood and raise it off the floor

just in case you leave your windows down by accident and it rains :(

taking this one step further, not a good idea to drill holes into the floor for the same reason. Brackets of some sort mounted using factory mounting points (seat bolts, etc) or some industrial velcro. I know that sounds ghetto, but that stuff is extremely grippy and leaves no evidence behind, nor damage.

chuyler1 said:
You can put it in the glovebox but you have to keep in mind that it gets very warm when you crank your tunes. Unless you installed some fans to ventilate the box you would end up with some warped plastic in there.

good point, although the shape of the GB would not really allow for a big amp and big heat. The rear of the GB can be punched out for ventilation though. Plus a computer fan can be installed and wired very easily too.

Back