contemplating new car

:
2010 Subaru Legacy GT
well here is a question for you guys. a co-worker of mine just purchased a early model lancer evo modded to 400hp and got me wanting a REAL sports car. i've been looking at a couple of cars and nourishing a couple of ideas.

option 1: early to mid 90s toyota supra. i've found some tt 5sp for 26k averaging 80k miles and none to minimal mods (dp, exhaust, etc.) i've always loved supras and always dreamed of owning one.

option 2: 350z. found some used for 24k averaging 20k miles and no mods. not my first choice in cars, but is pretty nice.

option 3: wait for the skyline to be released stateside. play the waiting game till after first year of release. holy grail baby.

AFaceInTheCrowd said:
well here is a question for you guys. a co-worker of mine just purchased a early model lancer evo modded to 400hp and got me wanting a REAL sports car. i've been looking at a couple of cars and nourishing a couple of ideas.

option 1: early to mid 90s toyota supra. i've found some tt 5sp for 26k averaging 80k miles and none to minimal mods (dp, exhaust, etc.) i've always loved supras and always dreamed of owning one.

option 2: 350z. found some used for 24k averaging 20k miles and no mods. not my first choice in cars, but is pretty nice.

option 3: wait for the skyline to be released stateside. play the waiting game till after first year of release. holy grail baby.

Seems like option 3 is way out of the price range of the other two cars. I guess if you can swing that much money, then I'd go with the GT-R.

Supras are unmatched when it comes to power potential. expensive mods but bolt ons will give you over 400 horses. MY friend has one and he put about $4000 in his and it dyno'd at 497 to the ground. And he paid $18000 for his stock. 500 hp for $22,000 good deal for me. Only downside is financing. I work at a bank and not many banks will go a long term on a 95 or so. So that means high payment!!

350z will be cheaper payment wise and you can get good power out of those but parts are pricey. It is all about money if you have it, spend it!!

Personally I'd geta supra cuz that is my planned next car if I have the money. The GT-R is sweet and well worth the money IMO. I mean anyone who knows what it is will show respect to someone with a GT-R. Especially when they get a ride!

yeah it's pretty much for street domination. it's not gonna be a daily driver but just for kicks.

and yes i did consider domestic, but didn't see anything i liked apart from srt8s. i'd like rwd.

i say Supra.

my neighbour's Supra:
IMG_1921-vi.jpg

19" Racing Hart C5 wheels, lowering springs, Nitto rubber, front lip, TRD spoiler, stock engine (not for long, he has a build coming soon). CLEAN.

I am cummin as we speak..... I am in love with supras. I think I would give my left one for a black 1000hp supra.

can't find anything i like in my area in. i've found some elsewhere tho. does anyone know how much shipping would be from say, texas to california?

I got an idea, you find the car and send me the money and I will get it and bring it too you for FREE!!!

I really wasn't going to bring it to ya. I thought it would be nice for you to give me the money and I would just keep it. I would send you pics though.

Yep, but definatly a supra! I would love to have one and if I could find one at a good price I would own one.

I have always owned nissans, until my MX6, then i got an 88 RX7 turboII anniversery edition, now my MSP. But my next car will be a 300ZX TT ;)
37.JPG

Back