Some one fill me in

PGTBrow

:
Probe GT, Mazda 2
I know that RX7s were made in Japan until 2000 or so. But I have heard that even after 97 you could get a new RX7 from the dealership if you really tried. Is that true and does anyone even know anyone with a 98 or up RX7? Also what size and weight were the FD rims after 97. I know they changed them and i've seen some pics just wasn't sure of the specs. So yea I think thats it....

PGTBrow said:
I know that RX7s were made in Japan until 2000 or so. But I have heard that even after 97 you could get a new RX7 from the dealership if you really tried. Is that true and does anyone even know anyone with a 98 or up RX7?
Exportation of the RX7 to North America (LHD models) stopped in 1995. They were deeply discounted but I guess it's possible that some dealerships still had one or two left in stock as late as 97...but they still would have all been 95 models. Mazda continued to produce the FD thru (IIRC) 2002, but they were all RHD for the Asian, Australian and European market. Though many have tried, and a few have claimed success, I've never really seen anyone with an imported 96 or later model FD that was street legal and registered here in the U.S.
PGTBrow said:
Also what size and weight were the FD rims after 97. I know they changed them and i've seen some pics just wasn't sure of the specs. So yea I think thats it....
93-95 North American models came with 16" wheels but later FDs were eventually given 17" in at least a couple of styles depending on the "type". Don't recall the weight off-hand, but all were pretty light. I think ~14 lbs.

Signal 2 said:
93-95 North American models came with 16" wheels but later FDs were eventually given 17" in at least a couple of styles depending on the "type". Don't recall the weight off-hand, but all were pretty light. I think ~14 lbs.

That light for a 17 damn. I know the earlier FD rims were 13.8lbs cause I almost bought a set.

Back