Automatic transmission reverse problems

rodney

:
mazdaspeed 3
when ever I go from park to reverse it feels like it gets stuck for a second and makes a pretty loud noise then slings in to reverse like it is sticking. I have check the fluid, it is not low, smells fine, and is still a good redish color. does anyone have this problem or does anybody know what is happening?

WTF man, you posted multiple threads about this s*** yesterday and people told you to stop.... yet you're still doing this?

Which is why no one is bothering to answer his questions...
TheMAN said:
WTF man, you posted multiple threads about this s*** yesterday and people told you to stop.... yet you're still doing this?

Sorry, have a life outside the forum, missed all that other posting. Not asking for recap - will look.

sounds like a classic case of reverse slam...

I'd recommend backing slowly up to a solid wall, then run in reverse for a while against it. I know a lot of Saturn owners do that to cure it. Basically, one of the paths gets clogged in the tranny and this helps to clear it out.

Also, Amsoil tranny fluid has done wonders for me on multiple cars. Making an absolutely bad performing transmission feel like new.

Back