Stock CD player Removal HELP...

:
02' MP5/07' M6
I'm installing a new cd player in my P5 and i have all the proper materials needed my only problem is i don't know how to remove the stock cd player and i'm afraid of damaging my dash, my second problem is trying to figure out how to breach the firewall for the power cable. if anyone can give me some information on this that would be great.

-thanks

it requires a little round peg tool. you can buy them but if you go to the place you bought your cd player and ask the install guys really nicely the usually will pull it for free. it takes 2 seconds.

you don't need any tools if you remove the entire hvac and molding you just have to reach under and push in the metal clips on each side and it comes out. that how I did it took me 45 seconds to take out the player itself.

ok here are some pics.
step 1. remove plastic cover on stereo (fig. 2 just pops off with screwdriver)
step 2. (you need the 2 metal u shaped tools) insert into holes (red arrows fig. 2)
step 3. pull away from center of stereo (left push towards steering wheel, right push towards glove box) stereo should release now just pull out and remove plugs

Attachments

• stereo-1.jpg
    stereo-1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 162
  • stereo-2.jpg
    stereo-2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 178
you are smarter than the first owner of my car ( that douche scraped the s*** out the moulding in mine...gonna replace it someday)

Back