Avarela86's MP3

nice! is that kinda dangerous exposing them? altho it looks really racing like.

Nah. That tiny opening isn't gonna cause any harm. People have to doing this for years and I don't think I've ever heard of a case of something breaking because of it.

No look at the Hondas, they expose the entire belt. Also common on Supras and most RWD cars. The thing is we have Cam position sensors that you need unless you go FULL standalone.

Not trying to have to swap this out for a while huh?

Update....Tranny blew two days ago. Pulling out of a Toll was cruising in the third then proceeded to smash in third and suddenly CRUNCH!! crackle etc etc...and a loud laugh from me. My words when it happened "AHAHAHAHA that's awesome!" Just picked up another junker tranny yesterday. Install will be next week Saturday most likely. For now it's 1st,2nd,4th and fifth....

This Saturday she'll be back to normal...Unless the junker tranny has issues. Should be fine though I check it before I pulled it out. Plus fluid was clean with no shavings or anything.

damn bro, I didn't know you blew 3rd gear. too much power!

are you doing the swap yourself?

Update....Tranny blew two days ago. Pulling out of a Toll was cruising in the third then proceeded to smash in third and suddenly CRUNCH!! crackle etc etc...and a loud laugh from me. My words when it happened "AHAHAHAHA that's awesome!" Just picked up another junker tranny yesterday. Install will be next week Saturday most likely. For now it's 1st,2nd,4th and fifth....

I remember those days...

Now you know why I'm a granny-shifting mofo!

damn bro, I didn't know you blew 3rd gear. too much power!
are you doing the swap yourself?

Too much POWA!! ARNOLD HELP! Yep, I was scared to do tranny swaps but at this point, it's like baking a cake. Just takes practice. Just need to get the tranny fluid.

I remember those days...
Now you know why I'm a granny-shifting mofo!

Be a baller, get some gears. Just three or so days ago I saw one of the first trannies with Built gears, 3rd and 4th at least. They look silvery in comparison to the stockness. The Hiboost/TBK gears. Well worth getting if you want to enjoy your car consistently. I have something else planned that's why I haven't built it yet. I didn't even shift hard, I was IN gear and smashed and it broke. LOL It's the POWA!! BTW it's 9PSI all day. (naughty)

Shouldn't I not be breakin them on the stock block? I really don't know how much power I have too. I only did a few things after the last dyno. I wanna say my engine was built on a Tues. Built FORD TOUGH! The trannys prolly just the fact they are from the junkyard.

Just finished the tranny swap today. Ran into some minor problems which included bolts I couldn't loosen and having the tranny fall on my chest but other than that all is done....

PICS to come later....

I hate it when heavy car s*** falls. My friend was using a hydraulic jack thing one time and accidentally lowered his car while I was still under it. I was stuck pretty bad, good thing I had had a bit to drink, other wise it would have hurt like hell.

I bet that transmission hurt like a b**** though.

Here are some pics more below...One has a shot of both trannys and my fav is the one holding the brake calipers with the buckets. I'm gonna get me some BUCKET RIMS! My turbo looks so much smaller than I imagine it too. I worked half the time on the phone too. Unsafe mechanics, that's what I would call my shop if I had one.

IMG_0133.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0106.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:
that car looks so ******* ugly...it'll look better on my driveway
i'll help you get rid of that monstruocity

Gold wheels! Are you serious? What kinda loser rides around in a protege with gold wheels, jeez..
Tell manuel to give you a sweet deal on an e6x and make some use of the cam gears lol!!

Back