Intakes- K&N vs Injen

Bala de Plata said:
Here's mine ...
obx7mod.jpg

OBX%20008mod.jpg

Any sound/noticeable differences?

pilot511 said:
Any sound/noticeable differences?

Sorry, missed your 1st post. I installed it at the same time as my RB cat-back so I can't comment on any differences alone. It's got a great sound and the hardware,fit and finish is top notch. Just like any aftermarket intake combined with an exhaust on a P5 - I probably picked up 3-5 hp.

pilot511,

To tell you the truth, our cars barely make enough power to make any performance differences between the K&N intake and the Injen intake.

Both companies make great quality intakes. Just pick the one that you think looks good, or pick one that won't be too hard on your wallet.

Minishotglass said:
pilot511,

To tell you the truth, our cars barely make enough power to make any performance differences between the K&N intake and the Injen intake.

Both companies make great quality intakes. Just pick the one that you think looks good, or pick one that won't be too hard on your wallet.
(werd)

Yeahh....I know there won't even be like 2whp...I just have this car bc my insruance (I was in an accident and its jacked up) but i figured I could make it fun....is there any real difference tho btwn a SRI and CAI in like anything really....performance/sound on our cars?

in my opinion, yes. There have been a couple people here who have hydro-locked their motors because they sucked in water in a CAI after driving in a flooded or heavy rained in area. There is a bypass valve available, but it removes any hp gains that you get fromt he cai apparently.

I have the SRI, over 3 and a half years, never once had a problem, even in FL rain, and in driving once through my flooded apartment complex in a rush to get home, as I had water flowing into my apartment from a heavy rain storm. Water was up to the door sills, but did not have any water in my engine.

The other debate is the SRI gets hotter air from the engine, thus CAI kicks ass. But I notice no problems, and in a scientific hands touching intakes comparison, they seem to feel the same after a long drive, so I do not know.

So get an ebay intake, K&N filter, and you will be all set.

Back